p r o l o g u e

"Hyung, I can feel it. She is nearby, she has to be" the young wolf cried out, giddily jumping from one foot to the other. Yoongi shook his head, a disgusted facial expression took over his handsome features. "You are behaving like an overly excited pub, get a grip, Jungkook. How old are you? Two?" The younger frowned, stopping his movement altogether and growling under his breath, so his hyung couldn't hear it.

When would he stop treating him so harshly? "I am just excited... You have your mate already by your side, you don't understand" he muttered, crossing his arms over his chest like a toddler. "I am the best that has ever happened to him!" a voice called from the kitchen and a smile etched itself on his hyung's features. As soon as he noticed it, however, he replaced it with a frown again.

Jungkook would never understand, why Yoongi always had to act so emotionless in front of the others when everybody knew exactly how whipped he was for Iseul, his mate. A sigh caught his attention and his head whipped around to his hyung, noticing how his expression had softened.

"Just go and find her already" he sighed as if it was a bother to him to say that to the younger boy. Jungkook smiled almost immediately before he jumped up and out the door, breaking into an excited sprint through the woods, not noticing how he disturbed the wildlife around him and even broke low hanging branches from trees.

His senses were trained on one thing, the alluring, but faint smell of his mate that danced through his nostrils and messed with his mind as well as the longing in his heart to finally set eyes upon what the moon goddess decided to be his.

When he broke out of the underbrush of the woods and stopped at the outskirts of town, he slowed down his steps, easily blending into the sea of people that ran around, running errands or hurrying to a meeting. Jungkook rarely left the forest and interacted with humans. He learned how to control his inner wolf around humans, which was essential if he wanted to stay alive and not get tracked down by the hunters, but he didn't really enjoy the human world. It made him anxious.

His eyes scanned the bustling crowd, looking for that one thing that his heart and wolf yearned for. The smell of his mate made him go dizzy with excitement and he kept on fantasizing about her to the point he didn't notice, that he entered a coffee shop. How would she look like? What will she be like? Where was she from?

There she sat at one table, laughing with an elderly woman that seemed to be her mother or another close relative and instead of the rush of happiness he felt earlier, his blood ran cold in disbelief. She was a human. She was no strong werewolf, she was a weak mortal.

Jungkook sniffed the air again, maybe he had mistaken it, maybe there was someone else in here that was his mate, another werewolf. But no, it was unmistakably her.

Anger, disappointment and pure disbelief mixed with his giddiness, that still overtook his senses. It is her! Say hi! His wolf demanded of him, clearly not caring at all about her ethnicity. Your mate! We have finally found her! But Jungkook was proud and so he turned around, going the same way he came back to the woods and turned behind a tree, before breaking into a dead sprint through the forest.

Why moon goddess, why? All my hyungs have beautiful and strong werewolf mates, their cubs will grow up to be strong and capable, while mine would be weak and half human. How is that fair? Don't you assign us to guarantee a strong bloodline? Why do you want to fail on me? Don't my family deserve to live as well?

Jungkook howled in agony, the disgust and the yearning for his mate battling inside his body and no side seemed to have the upper hand. He didn't want his mate, he wanted to forget he ever met her, but another side of him just wanted to sprint back to her and stay at her side forever.

It was hours before he returned, his head hung low and his mind dazed and confused. His muscles ached from all the running, his throat was sore from howling. Nari greeted him when he opened the door. She was sitting on his hyung's lap and Jimin was happily playing with her wild red hair.

"Jungkookie, you're back! Did you find your mate? Why isn't she with you?" Because she is a weak human. "I didn't find her, I must've imagined it" he lied and then went straight to bed. The disappointment radiated off the younger in waves, but his pack mistook it for the sadness of not finding her.

***

"The neighbors have heard a lot of howling today in the woods" her mother muttered worriedly when she came in Jisoo's room to wish her a good night's rest. The young girl looked at her mother with a similar expression. "Do they think a werewolf is the source?" she asked, her voice shaking a bit out of worry.

"No other creature can make such sounds, sweetie" she answered, taking a seat on her daughter's bed. "But don't worry your pretty little head about it. It was just noise and nobody was attacked. They are a lot more peaceful now than they used to be." The older woman stroked Jisoo's cheek in reassurance. A radiant smile formed on the girl's lips as all her worries seemed to float away again.

It is true, there hadn't been any sightings of wolves in the town for a long time and no people were killed in an even longer time period. If it wasn't for the occasional howling or missing sheep, nobody would even believe that they still lived in the woods.

"What are they like, mother? You have seen one once, haven't you?" Jisoo asked suddenly when her mother was about to stand up and head to bed as well. Her mother froze, Jisoo knew a haunting memory ghosted through her mind this very moment. She wouldn't have asked normally, as she didn't want to trouble her, but she was really curious today and she couldn't let herself wonder any longer.

"You saw one, right? When they killed my father?" A slight nod was her only response. "Why do you want to know?" The voice of her mother was small, in all her seventeen years of life, she had never experienced her mother this fragile before. She received no answer from the girl on her bed and just sighed.

"They are beautiful in wolf form, but equally terrifying" she explained slowly. "But when they are human, they are breathtaking. They look like gods, Jisoo, but they are the devil. This one wolf I saw... he ripped your father apart like a poorly wrapped present and scattered blood like confetti while looking like an angel sent from heaven. He was a human when he did it and left with a grimace on his animalistic face, that I could only describe as joyful" her voice quivered and Jisoo wished she hadn't asked.

The image that had painted itself in her mind by her vivid imagination was now stuck there, haunting her. "They got him. He was the alpha of the pack in our woods. I don't know who leads them now, but since then, there were no more killings." That was all her mother was willing to say and then he left her daughter's room, stopping at the door, the hand on the light switch.

Her mother turned around one last time after she switched off the light. "Jisoo?" she asked softly and the girl nodded, not trusting her voice. "Never go into the woods, okay?"

"I would never."

I am so hyped for this story man! You have no idea... I hope you all like it because I will definitely provide you with more chapters~ I have great plans for Jisoo and Jungkook and the whole pack, so I hope you'll be here to read them.
Vote, comment, do whatever with this story and I will see you in my next update! Bye, dudes!