s e v e n

It took Jisoo hours until she could finally fall asleep and it took Jungkook even longer to stop his howling. Nari managed to calm him down by sitting on the grass with his massive head on her legs, telling him how it was not too late to win her back. "You just have to explain everything to her Jungkook. Don't leave your feelings out either, she has to know that she is your mate" she sighed, petting his big dark head. Jungkook just whined. "You should do it right now, don't give her a chance to move on from you, do it when the wounds are still fresh."

That's why he ran, leaving the satisfied girl behind at the cabin. He ran like he was chased by something terrible, an evil that he didn't even want to imagine. Like if he slowed down for even a second Jisoo would slip from his grasp and leave him forever. He only slowed down once he reached her backyard and put his massive paws on her windowsill, looking through while panting heavily. The window was open, he could just slip through like he did so many times before. He could just curl himself around her sleeping body, her face so angelic but glistening with shed tears that he had caused her.

He swore himself never to be the cause of her sadness, but here he was, right in front of her window, looking at his heartbroken mate on her bed. A whine left his snout before he could stop it and Jisoo jolted awake, sitting up immediately. Her wide eyes locked with Jungkook's golden ones and both froze in shock. She could've screamed, she should've, there was a werewolf in front of her open window, but she didn't. She calmly sat there, following the beast with its eyes, as it disappeared beneath the window.

As he emerged again, he was in his human form, although slightly disheveled. Jungkook looked at her with his sad, big brown eyes and she looked back at him in tears. "Can I come in?" he asked softly, afraid of her answer, but Jisoo nodded, burying herself in her pillows. He slowly stepped over the window, careful not to startle her and sat on her bed next to her. "Please don't hate me" he whimpered, his hand twitching in his lap. He just wanted to hold her.

"You lied to me" she answered in a weak voice. "I know... But I was scared, Jisoo. I didn't want you to be scared of me, I-" I need you so much. Jisoo punched her pillow in sudden anger. "And when did you plan to tell me?! Am I just some toy to you? To humor you until you are bored and you can kill me with your family?!" Jungkook was shook, did she really think about him in that way? "You are my mate, I could never harm you and I would never let you get hurt either" he promised her, his voice quivering.

She looked at him quizzically and he braced himself for what he was about to say next, what he had to say next. "Are you familiar with the concept of mates, Jisoo?" he asked her and she shook her head. Of course, she isn't familiar, Jungkook you coconut head! "So, uh..." Jungkook started, suddenly very nervous what she was gonna say. "The moon goddess... She is like our goddess and-" Jungkook cursed himself internally, where was his eloquent vocabulary when he needed it?! "The moon goddess ensures the survival of the bloodline of werewolves by choosing werewolf partners who would breed the strongest cubs together, therefore guaranteeing a strong family" he tried his best at explaining everything, but it seemed to him, he mixed the words up that Namjoon had drilled into him so many years ago.

"I don't understand, Jungkook," Jisoo said quietly, looking at the boy in front of her. Something in him just gave up at that second. "You and I are mates, we are destined to be with each other. The moon goddess chose us because she thinks we would have the most badass and strongest babies together" he announced, making Jisoo tense up. Very smooth, Jungkook. Very smooth. "That doesn't make sense" she whisper-yelled, overwhelmed with the news that Jungkook expected her to have children with him. "It doesn't, I agree. I am a wolf and you aren't, but I have come to terms with it and I have come to love you, Jisoo. I am scared that you would reject me for what I am and hate me" he trailed off at the end.

"I mean you are right, I am a mutt. An abomination, I shouldn't even exist in the first place. Evolution just fucked up with my kind, I guess..." he rambled. It hurt Jisoo to hear Jungkook say those hurtful things about himself, but it hurt her even more, that she was the first to say it. "You aren't a mutt, Jungkook. I am so sorry for earlier... I felt so used and betrayed and I was so scared..." she explained, but no explanation could forgive the words she had spat at him and she wouldn't forgive herself either.

"I don't reject you, Jungkook. I am not scared of you either, I know you wouldn't hurt me..." I don't reject you. His inner wolf howled out of happiness and a big grin broke on the boys face. "So you give us a chance?" his heart leaped in his chest, as he noticed the small smile on Jisoo's face. "I do" she admitted quietly, her heart growing at the prospect of them being together. "But no babies" she added, making him chuckle.

"I'll try to contain myself" he joked and then carefully pulled her to his chest by her wrist. She happily fell against his chest and was engulfed in a hug the next second. "No more lies, okay? No more hidden werewolf-shit... Promise me" she softly said and Jungkook nodded immediately. "I promise you." He was never as happy as he was in that second. They sat like this for some time, before Jungkook broke the silence.

"Hey, Jisoo?" he asked softly and hesitantly. "Yes?" she answered sleepily, looking up at the boy with droopy eyes. Jungkook bit his bottom lip in hesitation, not looking at her but out of the window. "May I kiss you?" he finally asked, diverting his eyes to her small form in his embrace. A small smile grew on her lips as she registered his question and adrenaline rushed through her body. "You may" she answered, her heartbeat quickening at her words. The next second his lips were on hers.

I am so incredibly sorry for the late update! At least I did it on time tho and they kissed? There is progress? lol I hope you liked the chapter and will continue to support this book. Why not leave a vote and/or comment? It truly makes my day when I receive a notification from you guys ^^ Anyway, see you soon!