e i g h t

Jungkook definitely was an experienced kisser, his mouth moved softly against Jisoo's and sparks tickled their way down both of their spines. It was in that second, as Jisoo felt her heart swell in her chest and electricity ran through her body at the simple touch, that she realized he had to be right. She believed in the mate bond, she believed in him and her being soulmates, that some otherworldly being decided for them to meet and fall in love because that was what happened that second. She was madly in love with the werewolf boy in front of her and Jungkook could feel the same. 

He understood why his hyungs were so whipped for their mates, how every little action put a smile on their faces, how only one touch could make them instantly calm down, how they always wanted them in their line of sight, but preferably in their arms. He understood the unconditional love they had for their girls and he was so incredibly happy, that he could experience the same thing now. 

"Mine" he breathed softly, as he broke the kiss, delicately putting a strand of her dark hair behind her ear. "My beautiful mate..." he whispered into her neck, suddenly overwhelmed with his feelings. He exhaled shakily, feeling Jisoo stroke his hair suddenly. His arms tightened around her petite body. "Let's rest, okay? You kinda woke me up here" she giggled. "I am glad I did, though" he chuckled lowly, but he let her go sadly. Jisoo lowered her body on the mattress again, slipping under the covers. Jungkook stood up to leave through the window again but was stopped by her voice. "What are you doing? It is still our night, we should resume our cuddling and falling asleep together" she demanded softly, a hint of uncertainty was in her voice. 

"Gladly, if you want me to" he mumbled with a smile and proceeded to slip under the covers with her when a foreign voice announced its presence. "Jisoo? Who are you talking to?" her mother asked, the sleep evident in her voice. Jungkook froze, halfway under the covers and quickly recoiled from her body. "I'm sorry" he whispered and with a last yearning look to his mate he jumped down from the window sill and sprinted back into the forest. 

***

When he returned, his whole pack was waiting at the door, carefully reading his expression if his quest has been a success. "She accepted you?" Taehyung guessed and a smile broke on Jungkook's face. "She did... We kissed" he confessed and suddenly it was very loud in the normally moderately quiet cabin. "He did it!" Hwayoung cheered. "Jungkookie got his mate!" Yoona screeched. "I am so proud of you, Maknae!" Hoseok patted him on the back with a smile. Jungkook was bursting from happiness, the grin almost threatened to split his face in two. 

As he lay in bed that night, he couldn't sleep because of his delight. He wished to run back to her, to sleep in the same bed with her, just as they intended, but her mother had to interfere. I will visit her in the morning, I will take her back to the cabin and we will cuddle on the bed, just as I wanted to do today... With those thoughts, he fell into a deep and contented slumber. 

Just as he promised himself, he went back to her house only hours after. He walked hand in hand back to the cabin, but Jisoo held Jungkook back, just as he was about to open the door. "Let's not go back inside..." she whispered her eyes on the ground. Jungkook furrowed his brows. "What do you want to do then?" he asked her. "I want to see you" her voice was fragile and unsure of itself. "What do you mean, don't you see me right now?" Jungkook chuckled but was genuinely confused with her words. "No. I want to see you, the wolf" she corrected and Jungkook froze. 

"Oh" was all he could say, looking at her like a deer caught in headlights. "Why do you want to see me like that?" he asked softly. Jisoo shrugged. "Because it's also you, isn't it?" He nodded slowly. "Okay... If you want to... But please don't run away again. And please don't be scared, I can't take it when you are scared of me. It hurts..." Jisoo nodded, softly caressing his cheeks. "Show me, Jungkook-ah... Please..."  

He moved further from the cabin, looking for that clearing he was so fond of. When he was still an energetic little pub, he would always play and sunbathe there, it would put him at ease when he revealed himself there. When he found it, he slowly dragged Jisoo to the middle of it, before gently pushing her down to sit. "Wait here" he instructed and then began undressing, ready to change behind a tall tree. Jisoo waited patiently, her heart beating in her throat out of nervousness. 

Suddenly the silence was broken, groans of agony, growling and sounds of something breaking filled the silence of the forest. "Are you okay?" she asked with concern in her voice but instead of an answer, a big dark wolf emerged from behind the tree, slowly stalking towards her, its golden eyes trained on hers. It took all her muscles in her body to stop herself from jumping up and bringing some distance between her and the nightmare fuel, but she reminded herself that this was Jungkook, her best friend, her boyfriend and she stayed rooted to the spot.

He was careful not to startle her, as he slowly approached, his head close to the ground and his tail between his legs. He was afraid of her reaction, but she smiled, so he gained a bit of his confidence back. He gently nudged her hand with his nose, when he reached her and she shyly started to pet his big head, feeling the soft fur under her fingertips.  The soft scraping sensation against his scalp left Jungkook in utter bliss and he closed his eyes, setting his massive head in her lap and curling himself around her. Jisoo smiled at the gesture. He was just like a massive dog, after all, nothing dangerous seemed to come out of him. She carefully rested her cheek against his head, stroking his ears. "Good boy" she whispered. 

THANK YOU FOR 300 READS, YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY AMAZING AND HERE IS SOME CUTE KOOKIE TO SPOIL YOU BEAUTIFUL SOULS!!! But I owe you an apology and confession as well *deep breath* I know I should've updated yesterday, but my mother took my laptop and my mobile away from me yesterday *cries in mochi along with Jimin* I'm sorry ;-;