t w o

When he came closer and closer, Jungkook could smell the overpowering smell of her blood, before he could actually see anything. Blind rage and panic overtook him and he sprinted to his mate, seeing her lie on the ground, blood dripping from her thigh and a rogue biting at her, so he lost control. Jungkook didn't know what happened next, everything was red inside his head. Hatred, pain, fear, aggression. He lunged at the rogue and ripped him to shreds, tearing out chunks of fur, biting at his throat and not letting go until all the noise died down and the wolf was limp in his jaws.

Only then he turned around, noticing how she was propped up on her elbows, watching everything unfold with her teary eyes. As soon as he turned his head, she choked back a sob, trying to crawl backward and away from him. It hurt. She couldn't move, her leg was shredded painfully and she was losing a lot of blood. The severity of the situation struck Jungkook like a silver bullet to the heart. He might lose her right now before he had even had her. He shook his head, clawing at his head with his paw in agony. 

A long whine left his mouth. Don't be afraid of me! The voice screamed in his head. No, please don't! Jungkook bowed his head and crouched on the floor, but never broke the eye contact they had. Jisoo still cried but gave up her attempt of crawling away, she was too weak and dizzy to do it anyway. The wolf saved her life! He wasn't here to hurt her even more. She was grateful to the beast, but couldn't shake the fear surging through her body. It was so unpredictable, one wrong move could set it off and it would pounce on her, finishing what the other has started. 

Another long whine left the humongous dogs snout and he slowly started to crawl forward, keeping his head low. The adrenaline in Jisoo's body started to wear off and suddenly the dull ache in her leg grew to an unbearable inferno and Jisoo screamed again, clutching her leg in indescribable pain. It felt like it was on fire while being slowly cut into little strips.

When she looked at it, she felt sick and bile started to come up her throat. It was so much more horrible than she feared. She was lying in a puddle of her own blood, she was dying. She heaved all the contents of her stomach into a bush next to her and when her face emerged from the underbrush again, the wolf was by her side. Whines and whimpers and cries rising from the creature. Jisoo felt confused. She wasn't scared of the wolf, she felt almost safe with him. But her wounds ate her alive, she was crying and losing blood and soon also her consciousness.

Jungkook was scared shitless. There was so much blood and she was in so much pain, he could feel it. It hurt him too. When she started to throw up, he couldn't contain himself, he jumped up and to her side, throwing all caution to the wind. His scared cries and whines only doubled in intensity, when she closed her eyes and slumped backward, not moving.

Jungkook clawed at the grass in agony, burying his massive head in her neck, whining and crying for her to wake up. Please don't leave me! He poked her hand with his nose, but it fell lifelessly to the ground again. The blood just kept flowing from her leg, seeping into the dirt around her and her eyes stayed closed. Desperately he licked her wound, watching as it closed slowly and feeling a bit of relief as well.

He watched her angelic face with hopeful eyes, but hers didn't miraculously flutter open. The cries didn't stop leaving his mouth and an occasional howl broke through him. He laid down next to his unconscious mate and buried his face in her neck, licking her warm skin occasionally and just praying to the moon goddess for her to wake up. Please be alright, please don't leave me, not now, not ever. I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner. It's my fault if I didn't run away that time and accepted you, we would be together by now and I would've been there to protect you.

Jungkook didn't know how long he laid there. It felt like an eternity, but it was probably only minutes when his pack came crashing through the underbrush, gasping at the sight before them. Namjoon was the first to break through, Iseul and Yoongi close at his heels. All three of them stopped in their tracks, as they saw their youngest in wolf form, lying in a pool of blood by a girl's side and a dead rogue a few feet next to them.

"What did you do?" asked Jimin, as he also laid eyes on the disaster. Help me hyung. Help her, please. A heartbreaking whine left the young wolf's mouth again. Whines and cries seemed to be the only noises he was capable of making, now that his heart was breaking in his chest. "Yah! Jungkook what are you doing with that human?" Hoseok started. He seemed to be upset with the younger, but Yoona calmed him down immediately with a hand on his chest. He leaned into her touch, his stare softening on his mate instead of locking on Jungkook. 

"Can't you see?" she asked with a small frown etched on her features. "Jungkook found his mate!" There was a heavy silence when those words were uttered. The severity of the situation hung in the air heavily. "But she is human" Taehyung murmured. "Who said that your mates have to be werewolves?" Hwayoung countered. "Isn't that the point of mates? Two werewolves being together?" Taehyung defended himself.

Can't you see she is hurt? Don't just argue! Help me! The words should have left him in an internal scream, but instead, they roared out of him like an angry thunder. He didn't know when he shifted back to human form, but it had to have happened sometime during their arguing.He was naked and dirty, blood on his mouth and hands and the tears had cut a clean path through the dirt down his cheeks. Nari was the first to move after the outburst, kneeling beside the unconscious girl. Jungkook held her small hand between his shaking ones, as he looked down at her worryingly. 

"She is alive, but she lost a lot of blood," Nari said, worried. "We need to get her back to our cabin" she instructed. Yoongi and Seokjin looked at each other worryingly but didn't argue back, as Namjoon nodded and Jungkook rose to his feet, holding her to his chest as he carried her back to their cabin. 

That got dramatic real quick, sorry. I planned most of the chapters yesterday, so be prepared for some feels yo! (omg I'm so sorry) Anyway, if you enjoyed, why not vote or comment? And I'll see you in my next update in 3 days~