s i x

Winter turned to spring and it wasn't a rare occurrence anymore that Jisoo stayed the night over at the cabin. Jisoo told her mother that she found a friend at the other side of town and sometimes had a sleepover with her at her place. Her mother trusted her at eighteen and allowed her to go almost every time, since she believed it to be a well-mannered teenage girl.  When that would happen, Jungkook and Jisoo would stay up until sunrise and watch movies on the couch, cuddling close to each other and laughing. 

Jisoo was familiar with his family now and sometimes they joined them on the couch which displeased the youngest immensely. It was a normal day like any other as Jisoo and Jungkook laid on the guest bed, where Jisoo's and his' friendship started so many months ago. Jisoo was already very sleepy, her eyes dropping constantly and only opening after some seconds. Jungkook chuckled silently every time, just wanting her to finally give in to her fatigue so that he too could get some rest. He combed his fingers through her soft locks absentmindedly, leaning heavily against the headboard of the bed. "Would you finally go to sleep if I sang for you?" he offered softly, a smile gracing his features. "Ew, why would I want to hear your singing? I bet it's really bad" she scrunched her nose in mock disgust but cuddled closer to him. "I'll sleep in a second, promise" she giggled and then her eyes dropped closed again, not opening again. Jungkook smiled in triumph and wiggled a bit under her weight, so she could settle her head comfortably on his lap. 

He looked down at his sleeping mate with adoration. Soon he would tell her his secret, he felt like their connection was finally strong enough to withstand it. He was scared, of course, but they had been through quite a lot, been friends for almost half a year and he felt himself hopelessly falling in love with her, beyond the mate bond. He could never possibly know if she felt the same, but he hoped she would, he wanted to hold her like this all the time, wanted to be able to kiss her good morning and good night and when ever he pleased. He wanted the mate bond, he wanted it so badly. 

Suddenly Jisoo's eyes flew open, fear reverberating in Jungkooks heart. She stumbled off the bed, panting heavily, eyes darting everywhere around the room. She scrambled to the wall, back hitting it with a thumb. "Jisoo?" he asked softly, scared of her sudden reaction. Did she have a nightmare? But then why is she acting so scared of me? He got his answer a second later. "Monster!" she gritted out her teeth, a word like poison, hitting Jungkook right in his heart, crushing it to tiny pieces. "You're a monster!" she screeched and Jungkook wanted to cry, to rage, but especially cradle her in his arms, telling her that that was not true. He shook his head in denial. 

A broken whimper left his lips, making the girl shiver in fear. Hatred and fear clutched at his heart, emotions he picked up from his dear mate in front of him. "I am not a monster, Jisoo" he defended himself quietly, noticing how the girl froze in fear, looking at him with wide eyes. What? Why is she looking at me like that? Then he saw his reflection in the window, his eyes were a vibrant gold, piercing through the glass right back at him. He couldn't control his emotions anymore, showing her exactly what she was so afraid of. He willed them to turn back to its original brown and then he faced Jisoo again. "Don't do this, please..." he pleaded, whimpers leaving him as well as the words. Let me explain!

"Stay back!" she screamed, as Jungkook attempted to stand up from the bed. She remembered. She remembered the attack in all its details and she remembered the dark wolf that interrupted the moment, tearing her attacker into little pieces, blood splattered on its beautiful fur. She remembered his story, that he found her with his hunter family and the wolf under her window at night, that she thought was just a figment of her imagination. Their whole relationship was built on lies. Then it dawned on her. His family, probably all wolves! She was in so much danger all this time, he crept his way into her heart, making her trust him and that was what hurt the most. 

Jungkook attempted to stand up again, desperately wanting to reach to her and make this hurt in his heart go away. "I said don't come near me, mutt!" she spat, grabbing the first thing she could reach, a vase on the windowsill and chugging it at him, but missing him by far. The vase crashed against the wall, glass flying everywhere. Still, he froze, his expression like an open book to her. In his eyes swam unshed tears as he looked at her with a heartbroken expression on his face. "What did you just call me?" he asked with a fragile voice and suddenly Jisoo was overwhelmed with emotions, wanting to take her words back immediately. 

Mutt. Mutt. Mutt. Mutt. Mutt. She thinks you are a filthy mutt. She doesn't love you, like you hoped, she despises you. Filthy filthy mutt!

The door was opened with a bang the next second before anyone could say anything and Jimin and Taehyung barged into the room. They assessed the situation quickly, rushing to their brother, who was sitting on the bed, staring blankly at his reflection in the window, his eyes a piercing gold again. Jisoo took the chance to rush to the door, exiting the cabin and running. She knew the forest well enough now to find her way back home. 

"Someone follow her please, make sure she is safe," Jungkook said with a small voice, as the door fell in its lock. If she gets hurt again, I wouldn't know what to do. "I'll go," Hwayoung offered from the door, looking at her dongsaeng in shock and went, leaving the crushed maknae and his hyungs alone. "She- she just rejected me, didn't she, hyung?" he asked with a small voice and Jimin vigorously shook his head. "No, Jungkookie. You have to talk to her, you can work this out," he whispered and the first tear slipped from the boy's eyes. "She called me a mutt, hyung. She sounded so hostile, I could feel her hatred," he whimpered, crying into his hand, letting all his emotions show next to his hyungs. 

When Jisoo was home that night, she could hear the sad cries of her wolf sounding through the night and her heart ached along with his. 

That was intense... I'm sorry for the angst, but I'm actually not, I loved writing this chapter, because I love drama~ Will they work it out? Or will Jungkookie give up on her, because she despises him? Does she really? So many questions and only I know the answer, hehe... Anyways, If you liked it, please comment or vote and I will see you in the next chapter in 3 days! Bye, lovelies!