f o u r t e e n

A/N: As a celebration of the two milestones I will write a special chapter to any other pairing in my book. Maybe you want to know how Yoongi and Iseul came to be? Or the back story of Namjoon? I will be glad to deliver~

Now that Jungkook had her in his arms again, he was unwilling to let her go again. He was always by her side unless he was needed somewhere else. Then he would leave her only reluctantly with a promising kiss, that he would come back soon. When that would happen, Jisoo would go home to her mother, dodging all her questions where she had been.

"Jisoo I'm not stupid! I know something is going on with you, I noticed how down you were the last week and I heard you crying during the night." Jisoo felt cornered in her own four walls, every time she would start her inspections. "I'm telling you! I just had a fight with my friend! Everything is okay now!" was her answer every time. It was a vicious cycle, no end was in sight. Her mother never told her the things she knew. She never said a word about the boy she saw kissing her on the porch or how often she saw the same boy fleeing out her window during the night. Neither did she tell her about the dark wolf that would sometimes lie under her window, keeping watch with its golden eyes.

Her mother was not stupid, she knew about the wolves in the forest and she could count one and one together. But she was afraid if she confronted her about it, she would get the answer she was dreading so. Every day she would inspect Jisoo closely, looking for bite marks on her precious daughter's neck and every time she would sigh in relief when she found none. But at the same time, she was anxious. How much time does she have left? She doesn't want to lose her baby to the vicious beasts.

Jisoo was unaware of her mother's thoughts, she was on cloud nine. She spent a lot of time in the backyard, lying in the grass and reading books, but always one watchful eye on the forest, looking out for the familiar dark fur and golden eyes of Jungkook. She hated how busy he was now that the snow has melted. He was always strolling through the woods, looking out for any rogues that might have wandered into their territory. Although Jungkook was ready to pass out every time when they finished with their patrols, he always ran home to Jisoo, sometimes even too tired to change back into his human form, just like today.

Jisoo was engrossed in her book when he jumped over the little fence to their backyard. His heart warmed at the sight of her before him, sprawled out in the grass and the book over her head to shield her eyes from the sun at the same time. Slowly he walked over to her and stood over her, blocking the sun altogether and making the girl notice him. A smile tugged at her lips as soon as she set her eyes on him, the book long forgotten.

"Hey" she whispered, stroking his fur delicately. An approving noise tore from Jungkook's throat and he closed his eyes, lying down next to the girl, his head on her chest, so she could resume her petting. "How was your day?" she asked the big dog softly, earning a tired grunt from him. "As usual, I see" she laughed and nuzzled her face in his fur between his ears. They had done this so many times already, she knew what Jungkook would say if he wasn't too tired to change back to his human form.

"My day was okay. I finished my book and because it was such a nice day out, I decided to read outside. That way I would see you immediately when you came" she mumbled into his fur. Jungkook made a puzzled sound and looked at the book next to them in the grass. "I started a new one already" Jisoo explained, giggling. You read too much. I don't want you lusting over fictional boys when you have me right here. But Jungkook was not really jealous, more amused over his mate's love for books. He loved seeing her so passionate over something. He slowly got up and walked to the other side of her, tapping the book she had abandoned upon his arrival with his nose and then looking at her with pleading eyes. Can you read to me? Jisoo chuckled and sat up, picking the book up again. Jungkook repositioned himself, so Jisoo could lean against him and he could still have his head in her lap, just as he liked.

With a smile, Jisoo began reading to him in a soft voice, even trying to act out the different voices of the characters for Jungkook, who found it especially amusing when she tried a deep voice for the male characters. He closed his eyes again, occasionally licking her thighs or hands, whatever he could reach to show his appreciation to her. Even though Jisoo had already read more than half of the book, she always started from the beginning for Jungkook, never minding that she reread a lot of stuff she already knew.

She read almost five chapters for him before her voice hurt from talking in such a deep voice and she had to lay the book aside. Then she resumed to talking about the book enthusiastically in her own voice. Explaining to him why she liked one character so much and why she despised the other. Jungkook could listen to her voice all day, he would never tire of it and even though he was so immensely tired, he stayed awake long after the sun had gone to listen to her talk, because in his wolf form that was the only way to communicate to her, that he loved her.

Sorry, this chapter is rather short, but I needed to get some fluff out of my system before I drop the next bomb on you. Thank you so much for reading and if you liked it, please consider commenting or voting to let me know! As always, thank your support and I love you ❤️