t h i r t y s i x

The door opened, a small ray of light illuminating the room a little bit, making Jungkook squint his tired eyes to the door. "Kookie, please go to sleep" Jisoo sighed in the door, rubbing her sleepy eyes. This was the third time she woke up without her mate's warmth next to her in bed. 

"But he might wake up" he whispered back, looking at the little baby in his arms, that was clutching his white t-shirt in his sleep. Jeonsan was sleeping soundly in his arms instead of his crib. 

Jisoo sighed, tiptoeing into the room and kneeling down beside the rocking chair that he was sitting in. "Please come to bed, love. You can't stay up for him all the time, you still have your duties in the pack" she whispered to the tired man, who looked torn between the baby and the mother. "I miss you next to me."

Sighing, she stood up again and kissed her mate on the cheek, before she left the room. A small smile played on his lips, as he watched her leave. He took another minute to stare at his son before he carefully placed the baby in his crib and wrapped him in his blanket. "Good night, baby J" he murmured and kissed the baby's soft hair before he tiptoed out of the room. 

Jisoo smiled happily, as the door opened and Jungkook fell on the bed next to her. She opened her arms wide for Jungkook to cuddle into and he sighed in content, nuzzling his nose into her neck and lazily kissing her neck and shoulder. "You have no idea how much I love you" he whispered and Jisoo giggled softly. "Go to sleep Jungkook." Minutes later he was out like a light. 

***

"Okay, where is the child?" Jisoo's voice sounded from upstairs, startling Jungkook, who was chilling on the couch after a long stroll through the woods with Tora. Her initiation would be soon and one of the many things she needed to know before becoming a full member of the pack, was being able to navigate through their territory and knowing where the borders were. 

Jungkook was mildly alarmed at Jisoo's words and sat up straight, listening to her frantic footsteps running around upstairs. "Are you okay there, Bambi?" he finally yelled and the thumping stopped. "This depends," she yelled back. Jungkook smiled at her quirkiness. "Depends on what?" 

There was another short silence, in which he heard her descending the stairs. "If you have our son." He furrowed his brows at her question, what a stupid question that was. He was sleeping in the crib. "No, I don't. He was sleeping in his crib, while you were resting in the rocking chair" he answered matter of factly.

"Great, either I'm blind or someone stole Jeonsan." Jisoo looked so done and defeated, although there was still a lot of panic in her voice. "What do you mean someone stole Jeonsan," Jungkook asked again, blinking stupidly. "I mean, that our baby is not in his bed, although he is supposed to be and a five-month-old is not gonna walk out by himself, Jungkook." 

Finally, the information seemed to click in his mind and he bolted out the door, looking for the rest of his pack that was around somewhere, basking in the warmth the late spring provided. Hopefully, someone is with the baby right now and it was not someone else that casually walked in and took their son. 

"Hyung! Have you seen Jeonsan?" he asked Namjoon, who was lying lazily behind the cabin, shaking his massive doghead lazily as an answer, before closing his eyes again. "Taehyung-hyung! Hwayoung! Have you seen my son?" The two immediately stopped their childish banter and Hwayoung once again shook her head. "Sorry, Marlin. I haven't seen Nemo around lately" she giggled. Jungkook cursed. 

Jungkook was beginning to panic, no one had seen Jeonsan anywhere and to be completely honest, he was running out of pack members to ask. "The only one left to ask is Yoongi-hyung" he whined to Hoseok, who stood next to him, looking just as worried as Jungkook right now. "I think he is by the river" Hoseok murmured, hoping this tip was helpful to Jungkook in any way and the maknae immediately started running again. 

When he arrived at the spot Hoseok described, the first thing he saw was the white fur of Yoongi sparkling in the sun like fresh snow. He looked like he was sleeping and Jungkook debated if he should wake his hyung and just take the wrath that would come with it, but when he tiptoed nearer, he saw that the wolf was not sleeping at all, but nuzzling his big white head into the tiny tummy of the baby by his paws, which was giggling at the feeling. 

All the tension left his body when he saw his hyung playing with Jeonsan. "You could've told us you were taking him, hyung. We were so worried" he finally spoke, startling the wolf, who sprang up to his feet, stared at the boy and then took off into the opposite direction, like a scared deer. Jungkook just looked after him, shaking his head in mild amusement. 

"Your hyung is really something else" he muttered to the baby, who looked close to crying now that Yoongi ran away. "Come here, Appa's got you" Jungkook cooed to the baby, picking him up and bringing him home to the worried mother that was already crying over the loss of her firstborn child. 

It took Yoongi another hour to come back to the cabin, back in his human form but his head hung low like a scolded dog. Jungkook found the sight to be more than amusing. "It's not a shame to have a soft spot for Jeonsan, hyung" he chuckled and Yoongi growled. "Shut up, maknae. I just thought he needed more interactions with wolves, this boy will be so scared later on, if you don't expose him to our wolf side as well" he defended himself, quickly ducking away and fleeing to the kitchen. 

"Next time just tell us when you take him, so we don't run around like headless chickens, searching for him" Jungkook yelled after him one last time before he let his poor and awkward hyung live. 

Sorry, this chapter is a little shorter than the last few. But maybe I have found a solution to your need for a sequel to this book ^^ How would you like a sequel in Jeonsan's POV? Like his childhood and teen years and all his adventures living with a human mom and a wolf dad, not forgetting the crazy pack he was born into. Would you like that?