t h r e e

When Jisoo woke again, she was in a dimly lit room all by herself. Her heart was racing in her chest, making her dizzy. "What happened?" she asked herself, cutting the silence that hung in the air, making her even more anxious. There was a wolf, she was sure of that part, but everything else was clouded by pain. In a haste, she threw the covers off her body, looking at the poor remains of a leg she was sure would greet her, but there were no injuries, except little scars where the teeth supposedly were. Someone had even washed her body, not a trace of the blood bath was evident on her milky skin. There also was no pain, her leg just felt numb and she was a little sick. Hesitantly Jisoo stood up, testing if she could move her leg and put pressure on it. Slowly she tiptoed to the door, opening it only a little and peeping through.

Jungkook was tapping his foot on the floor rapidly, annoying his hyungs quite a bit while doing so, even earning the occasional growl from Yoongi-hyung or Namjoon-hyung. Every time they did, however, they were scolded by the girls. Nari was sitting next to the youngest, rubbing his back in circular motions, trying to calm him down. "She will be alright, Jungkook. You sealed her wound well, you saved her from bleeding out" she reassured him softly.

Suddenly confusion flooded through his heart, replacing the void his unconscious mate left. "She is awake" he breathed, looking at his family with wide eyes. "She woke up!" He wanted to jump up and to her, curling himself around her frail body and never let her go again, but he held himself back. She saw him in his wolf-form, he could still recall her fear very clearly. The feeling etched itself deep into his conscious, hurting him almost as much as seeing her dying in front of him.

"You have to go to her, please" Jungkook begged of his Noonas. "I can't go to her, I-" he gripped his hair and closed his eyes, trying to calm down. "She saw me... she is scared of me. I can't go up there" he ended. Iseul looked at the maknae with hard eyes. "Oh no. This is your mate up there and you should be the one talking to her!" she insisted. Jungkook stood up, he was a lot taller than most of his Noonas. "I can't!" he semi-yelled and earned a growl from their mates the next second at his action.

"Just go, we are down here if something happens and will help you, okay? But Iseul-unnie is right. You should be the one comforting her up there!" Nari talked to him in a gentle voice, but it was still full of authority and Jungkook bowed his head in obedience. He slowly crept his way up the stairs and opened the door hesitantly, just to jump in surprise, as his mate yelped in shock and landed harshly on her butt.

Jungkook shot forward immediately, helping her to her feet again. It was the first time they touched when he was in his human-form and a spark of electricity jolted through his whole body, making his heart race. "Are you okay?" he gulped, avoiding looking at her directly in her short nightgown, that Nari gave her. Jisoo nodded quickly. The boy braced himself for the scream, for any indication that she recognized him as the wolf that attacked her, but nothing came.

"What happened?" she asked instead, her voice barely above a whisper. Jungkook sighed internally in relief. "You got attacked by a werewolf" he answered truthfully. Jisoo's eyes were the size of a saucer and she immediately looked down at her thigh. Jungkook felt a growl rising in his throat as he too caught sight of the markings the rogue put on her body. "How am I not dead?" she asked the stranger, while softly caressing the scars with her fingertips. Jungkook wanted to do the same. "I saved you." The words slipped out before he could stop them, making the tips of his ears turn red in embarrassment and fear of having revealed too much.

"I mean my family did! Some of them are hunters... But I found you" he lied quickly, stumbling over his words, but Jisoo didn't seem to notice. "Well then, thank you-?" she looked at him quizzically and it took Jungkook a second to answer as he was too mesmerized by his mate's beautiful voice. "I'm Jungkook!" he then answered in a haste, biting his tongue accidentally. She smiled and his heart fluttered. "My name is Jisoo," she told him so innocently and his stomach made somersaults. Her name is Jisoo, isn't that the most beautiful and melodious name you have ever heard in your life? Jungkook's wolf howled in happiness and if he had had a tail right now, he would've wagged it so fast it would've only been a blur.

"You have a very beautiful name" he whispered and Jisoo blushed, looking at the floor beneath her feet. "I am very grateful for saving me, Jungkook. But I should probably go home, my mom is waiting for me surely" she muttered, looking out the window worriedly. It was already pitch dark outside, no way in hell would he risk her getting hurt again. Jungkook shook his head in panic. "No! It is already so late and dark outside! You shouldn't risk another attack or even tripping over a bush for that matter. Let me accompany you home tomorrow when it is light again" he offered. Jisoo didn't look too convinced.

"Please" he tried again, looking at her with puppy eyes, that would make even his grumpy Yoongi-hyung melt and give in to every request he made. I don't want you to get hurt, Jisoo. Jisoo looked at the boy in wonder, biting her lower lip in thought. "She will be so pissed and worried tomorrow" she whispered, more to herself than the boy in front of her. "I'll take the blame if she says anything!" Jungkook offered desperately and the girl finally carved in. A little 'fine' left her lips and then she strutted back to the bed. She didn't want to admit it to herself, but she was ready to pass out. Jungkook sat down at the end of her bed, but she was too tired to question him or even say anything at all and passed out in seconds.

Jungkook watched her eyes close in peaceful slumber and he felt more relaxed than he did the entire year of knowing her. It was probably because she was actually there with him. A smile crept upon his handsome features and he slowly inched his hand closer to her face, before stroking her cheek delicately and tracing the shapes of her eyebrows, nose, and lips. She is so beautiful. Just as he was about to give in to his exhaustion as well and curl himself by her feet, the door crept open and his pack peered in, all over another. Every single one of them had a stupid grin plastered on their face and Jungkook groaned silently. "You did great, Jungkookie~" Hwayoung praised, giggling and Hoseok-hyung wiggled with his eyebrows. "Get her tiger!" was heard from Yoona and with a groan and beet-red ears he got up and closed the door in their faces.

The next chapter! Human interactions, yay! If you liked this chapter, you could leave a vote or comment, I really appreciate it ^^
Also, I will be going on holidays tomorrow, but I will try to still maintain my writing schedule while I'm gone. If I don't have wifi, however, I will not be able to post. Let's pray for me, okay? See you~