f i f t e e n

"Shihyuk? I need your help" the woman's voice was anxious, as she uttered those words hurriedly into the receiver of her mobile device. Her eyes were wildly searching the dark room, looking for anyone who could eavesdrop on the conversation. "I am scared for my daughter, it seems like she has the same fate I had" she whispered, pausing to listen to the voice on the other side.

A frown stretched across her features. "Of course I am sure! Do you think I misread the signs? That it is all in my head and I'm becoming insane?" her voice didn't rise in volume, but her words were sharper, showing how displeased she was with the other person. Soon her posture relaxed again and she sighed in relief. "I will call you if it happens."

***

Jisoo was tapping her fingers against her thigh anxiously, her gaze on the forest behind her backyard. Jungkook was especially late today. Did they run into a rogue? Was someone hurt? Jisoo did not even want to imagine what could've caused the delay of her boyfriend, shaking her head to get rid of the dark thoughts. "He will be alright," she told herself times and times again, believing her words soon enough and relaxing against the wall of the house.

Only minutes after closing her eyes and bathing in the warm glow of the afternoon sun, she heard the dribbling of feet on the grass and when she opened her eyes, she was greeted with golden ones. "There you are!" she exclaimed happily, throwing herself against the panting wolf. Jungkook barked quietly in greeting and what Jisoo imagined as an apology for worrying her. "You are late" she scolded the massive beast like it was a mere small puppy and Jungkook lowered his head in guilt. To his defense, he ran as fast as possible to her, as soon as he was finished.

He lied down on the grass, tummy up to the sky for Jisoo to stroke it and that she did, giggling as he closed his eyes and his foot started moving like a dog's. "I rarely see you in your human form anymore, Kookie" she pouted after a while, cuddling into his soft fur. "I miss kissing you when your face is less hairy" she confessed with a smile, looking at him when he yawned. "You are always so tired... When will that change? How much longer will Namjoon need you for?" Of course, he couldn't give her an answer now, but she was still curious.

Jungkook sat up and started licking her cheek and neck, making her giggle and fight against his attacks. "Stop!" she squealed, hugging his neck then, to stop him from moving. Instead of fighting back, Jungkook relaxed in her touch, closing his eyes in content. He was in a state of utter bliss that he could only achieve with Jisoo and he savored every second they had in times when he was that busy.

The next second, all his happiness vanished, however. Everything happened at once. Jisoo muttered a heartfelt 'I love you' in the fur of his shoulder and then he heard it. The faint click of a gun, almost inaudible, but his enhanced wolf-hearing could pick it up. His eyes shot open, wasting no time in locating the sound, but jumping up and shielding his mate, that had painfully fallen to the ground in his haste. He had to protect her at all costs.

"Jungkook, wha-" A gunshot rang loud and clear through the sky, paired with a painful yelp of Jungkook, as his feet collapsed under him and he fell to the ground, burying Jisoo under him. The girl screamed, not because of the pain of being buried under the huge wolf, but because of the blood leaving the werewolf boy fast. She hastily fought her way out from under him and kneeled next to him in the grass. His fur already started to stain a dark crimson from his blood and his breathing was short and ragged. Although Jungkook tried to stand up and stand protectively over her, he couldn't move, slumping on his side again.