t h i r t y s e v e n

This is the last chapter in this book. I tried to procrastinate updating at all because of that fact and I'm sorry about that. It's just that this book is like my baby. I feel so strongly for this story and the fact that it's ending just makes me so sad. It feels like a huge deal and maybe you feel the same as me :) There will still be the second part of the character Q&A and I may write some special chapters too if you want them. If not, we will see each other in the sequel. Thanks for staying around until the end, I love you guys!

The light of the single candle on the cake was reflecting in Jungkook's eyes, as he brought the huge birthday cake into the room. Everyone's eyes lit up upon seeing it, but no one looked as happy to see the chocolate cake as the little Birthday boy on his mother's lap. In his excitement, he almost dropped his sippy cup filled with milk, as he bounced up and down, making grabby hands at the chocolatey goodness. 

Jisoo kissed the top of the little boy's head, chuckling softly. "Appa! Appa!" Jeonsan babbled happily, almost leaping off her lap in his haste to greet him. Jungkook smiled at his little son's eagerness. The rest of the pack cooed softly. "Sit down properly, J. Or else Appa won't give you your cake" Jungkook scolded softly and the little boy quickly did as told. 

His heart filled with warmth for his little son, as he set down the cake and kneeled down next to Jisoo and their son. "Do I get a kiss?" Jeonsan was quick to deliver a wet and slightly milky kiss which Jungkook immediately transferred to Jisoo, who was laughing. 

"I don't want to interrupt your precious little family time, but if you don't blow out the candle soon, the wax will drop on the cake" Nari interrupted and Jungkook quickly rose to his feet. "Shoot, you're right!" He quickly took Jeonsan from Jisoo's arm and held him closer to his cake. "Quickly blow out your candle, little man, and make us proud," he told Jeonsan in a serious voice and together with his Appa, Jeonsan blew out his first ever birthday candle. 

The whole pack cheered when the smoke filled the room and a chorus of Happy Birthday, Jeonsan, little J, JJ and Jeonsannie filled the air. The little boy giggled happily, as he was immediately swarmed by the whole pack and lifted in various arms. Jungkook returned to Jisoo then, crouching beside her chair and looking up at her with a big smile. "I can't believe that our little angel is already one year old" Jisoo smiled with tears glistening in her eyes. 

Jungkook kissed her softly, pouring all his love for her into the kiss. 

***

"Someone get Jeonsan he will knock over the-" Iseul's panicked screech sounded from the kitchen before there was a loud clanking noise followed by an exasperated sigh and a loud giggle. Jisoo looked up from her book, alarmed at the noise. Her eyes widened, as a little toddler covered in birthday cake ran past her. "Come here, you little devil!" Yoongi ran after him with a stern voice, but everyone could see his radiant smile from a mile away.