t w e n t y t w o

"This is unfair! Is she your mate or am I your mate?" a dramatic voice echoed through the cabin, breaking the idyllic silence that hung in the air. Iseul looked at Yoongi in surprise. "You, of course. What are you so salty about?" The grumpy boy folded his hands over his chest, glaring at Tora who sat next to Iseul with an innocent expression. "You're spending all your time with this pup" he whined, making everyone widen their eyes in shock. Yoongi never whines, never. Even Iseul looked surprised. "I just want to help her awaken her inner wolf" she murmured. Taehyung snickered in the distance, trying to hide his big smile behind his hand.

Hwayoung quickly kicked him, glaring at him sternly. "Do you want to die? He'll yank your massive chandelier earrings out of your ears!" she hissed at her mate, who looked at the ground, defeated. Yoongi paid no mind to them, fixing his gaze on Tora again. "You already practice over a month. Just admit it, there is no wolf in this weak little girl." Tora threateningly looked at him and a small, but ferocious growl left her lips. "I'm not a little girl!" A stunned silence settled over Yoongi. "Wolfie!" Yoona screamed suddenly, engulfing Tora in a surprise hug. "That was one nice growl!" Jungkook complimented his half-sister, grinning over Jisoo's shoulder, who was cuddled into his chest and sleeping through the debate.

Jungkook rubbed her back in soothing motions since she complained about back aches just hours before and nuzzled his face in her neck. Jisoo whimpered in her sleep, trying to crawl even more into his chest. With a sigh, Jungkook scooped her up into his arms and stood up. "I'm gonna transfer her to bed. Do you maybe have something against dizziness and headaches for her when she wakes up, Nari-noona?" he asked the redhead in a hushed voice, to not wake up Jisoo in his arms. "Did she experience that lately?" she asked with a furrowed brow, standing up as well. "She complained about it yesterday before going to bed. Maybe she is coming down with something" the boy answered his unnie and with a nod, Nari gestured Jin to follow her. "Bring her to bed, we will put something on the dresser" Jin instructed and Jungkook nodded, going upstairs.

"Do you still have some of Elise's meds?" Nari asked Jin when they were alone at the medicine cabinet. The older raised one brow in surprise. "You think she needs them?" he asked but turned around immediately to fetch them. "Just to play it safe" Nari murmured. "I will leave them on her dresser" he agreed, leaving the girl alone with her thoughts.

***

"Awooooo!" Jisoo jumped in surprise, as Tora sneaked up behind her and howled in her ear. Since she discovered how to make wolf noises a few days ago, she would always be extra noisy and her favorite activity became startling Jisoo, which was fairly easy at the moment. "Stop!" the girl cried, one hand over her heart and gasping for air. "It's not funny anymore, you really scared me" she hiccuped and glared at her chuckling friend. "I can't help it!" the girl laughed hysterically. "Jungkookie!" Jisoo whined loudly, making the latter run to her in a second. "What's wrong, Bambi?" he asked her, concerned. "She is bothering me" Jisoo informed him, hugging him close to her with a smile.

"Really now? Did you really just rat me out to your boyfriend?" Tora laughed in disbelief. Jungkook looked at her apologetically. "Would you please stop scaring her, Tora? She is coming down with something and a little whiny lately" he murmured with a loving smile to his mate, who returned it. "You are gross, get a room" Tora just murmured, leaving her brother and best friend in the kitchen.

"Why the fuck is Jungkook so overprotective all of a sudden and Jisoo so bitchy?" Tora complained loudly, not caring if they heard when she joined the others in the living room. "Why are you here all the time?" Yoongi countered, watching the TV in boredom. "Because who else would entertain your mate? Clearly not you, grandpa." she giggled cheekily, earning a scoff from Yoongi. "Go home" he sighed, fed up with the sass the girl produced. Laughing softly she sat down next to the grumpy boy, stealing his remote and switching channels. "You have to excuse them. It was the same with Jin-hyung and Elise before" Hoseok suddenly butted in, making everyone freeze. Jin almost spat his drink everywhere at his words, looking at him in shock. "What are you implying, Hobi?" Iseul hissed almost, suddenly the atmosphere was tense. Nari fiddled nervously with her thumbs and Jin gazed at her every now and then. "Just that they act just as in love as those two did" Hoseok simply answered, sipping his drink casually.

The others relaxed visibly at that, the youngers seemed just as carefree as before. Tora found it best not to ask who that Elise girl was, it seemed to be a tricky topic.

***

"My stomach hurts and the headache is back" Jisoo sighed when she slipped into one of Jungkook's t-shirts. Jungkook sighed from the bed. "Seriously, what's wrong with your body all of a sudden?" he laughed softly, putting one hand over his eyes and falling back on the mattress. "My body is perfectly fine, don't worry" Jisoo exclaimed, slightly offended by his words. "Yes, fine as hell" Jungkook laughed, wiggling his eyebrows grossly, making her laugh. "You're a pervert" she giggled, joining him on the bed and kissing him softly. He wrapped his arms around her with a smile and started tickling her until she couldn't breathe anymore. "Stop!" she gasped. "You are making my headache only worse, Jungkook" she cried during laughter, making Jungkook halt his movements soon after. "Sorry sorry, baby" he apologized with a sheepish expression.

"I'll get you your pills" he offered, standing up and walking to the dresser. When he picked the tiny package up, his smile fell. "Have you been taking Elise's pills, baby?" he asked her softly, his voice shaking. "Yes, why. Who is Elise anyway?" Jisoo answered with a furrowed brow, looking at her shook mate in worry. "Jin-hyung's mate" he whispered and then he bolted from the room, a desperate 'Nari!' tearing from his throat and making Jisoo flinch on the bed. She began to shake, as she remembered that one conversation she had had with Hobi a long time ago.

"Jin's mate died two years ago."

Tadaaaaa! Look what I did! I cliffhangered you again ^^ (i just invented that word, I think I will use it from now on). I hope you liked this chapter and as always, please comment or vote if you did. I love hearing from you! (If you knew what my search history looks like now xD)

PS: Rosy ashes is up! Please check it out!