[1.] That Was The Start Of My New Life

(Happy New Years everyone! Enjoy!)

I WAS BORN in Rome

I WAS BORN in Rome.

That is probably why after all of these years I still feel a connection with it. It is my birthplace and you cannot forget something as important as that. Even if I hadn't called it home in ages.

My father grew up in Rome and found love in Rome. It is even more special to him.

Perhaps that is why when life got unbearable in Buenos Aires we decided to leave and retreat to our birthplace. The beauty of Rome is calming and it is like a kind of heaven.

I knew that my destination was Rome as soon as I went onto the airline website. I did not want to be alone but I also wanted to leave everything behind and give myself a fresh start.

My father was here and he would always have my heart. Home is where the heart is.

As I stepped off of the plane I was filled with a mixture of emotions. I was still melancholy after the ordeal with Leon. I was also fearful about starting a new life in Rome after all I had acheved in Buenos Aires. But I was also excited to be with my father again and to be a part of his life.

After collecting my luggage my father was waiting for me. He looked different. Despite being older than the last time I saw him he looked younger even with his grey hair. I could tell by his face that he was happier, he looked relaxed. Moving was clearly a good choice for him.

I let go of my bag as he wraps me up in his arms. I bury my face into his chest. I hadn't even noticed that I started to cry until he had to pull away and I saw the wet stain on his shirt.

"Fran, what's wrong?" He asks with sincere concern, wiping my tears away with his thumb.

I tell him later and he nods pressing a kiss on my forehead. He grabs my suitcase and wraps his arm around my shoulder in a side hug.

"I am so happy you are here," He tells me with a warm smile.

"I missed you," I whisper and he kisses my hair.