[15.] I Wanted To Ruin My Life

"YOU'RE THE BOYFRIEND aren't you?" Alex asks with feigned concern

"Yes, I was." Leon's loathsome gaze never strayed from mine.

"Wait, you slept with my brother?" Gery asks me and I groan. It was horrifying to think I slept with somebody related to Gery. Many many times.

Finally, Leon broke our intense stare. He let out a deep breath pinching the bridge of his nose. I could imagine how furious he was. He opens his mouth to say something, but quickly closes it. He murmurs a polite farewell to Alex and Gery and started to walk away taking fast, long strides.

"Leon! Wait!" I shout after him.

His pace quickens, but I'm already running. I catch up to him and grab his wrist. I enclose his wrist with my fingers and tighten my grip. He grimaces and turns to me, his eyes void of any emotion. Even the hatred seemed to vanish.

"I never loved him. It was purely lust–"

"Is that supposed to make me feel better? Thank you for just being horny and not having any actual feelings for the guy. It really makes up for everything. It's not like you cheated on me before I even cheated on you, found out that I was cheating on you and left like a fucking hypocritical coward. Oh, wait." He turns to walk away when he stops.

Without turning to look at me, he asks, "How long?"

The question I was dreading. He hated me enough already, and, even though it seemed virtually impossible, he will hate me even more when I tell him. I took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in my throat. I had no right to cry, even if I was losing somebody I loved.

"A few months," I answer vaguely.

"How many?" He snaps, all of the care he spoke with earlier vanished.

"About nine or ten." I speak softly, fearfully.

Leon strides away and I let out a strangled cry. I watch his retreating figure until he finally drives off in his car. I fall to the ground and just sit. There are no tears streaming down my face. I cannot will myself to cry because I know that I shouldn't. My betrayal outweighed his, and it would only be a matter of time before Ludmila and my father found out.