[22.] Let's Get Out There And Kill It

FRANCESCA TAKES A deep breath and looks at me for a second, then she rushed out

I felt oxygen rush back into my lungs but I could not help but miss her presence. She made everything seem warmer and now I was left with a feeling of immense guilt and chills running down my spine.

I tried to follow suit, but Ludmila gripped my wrist tightly. I groaned and turned around to face her. She raised her eyebrow at me and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Should I sit?" she asks, sitting down already and adjusting her heels.

"We almost kissed." It sounds even more ridiculous as it comes out of my mouth.

"No shit. I want to know why. What changed between you, and what made you think it was okay?"

"I just don't know. I don't what changed, well with her. You know I love her too much. And in the moment, I just wasn't thinking. She was leaning in as well, so it just made me want it more. I am a horrible person. I am evil. I ruined our relationship and now I am ruining another one," I cried out before she signals for me to go to her.

I sit down on the floor and put my head in her lap. I hated myself for somehow always ruining everything. I was a hurricane.

"How did I ever end up with such a dysfunctional brother?"

"How was I lucky enough to end up with you?" I ask her and she chuckles. "One of these days I will get over her."

"Maybe you shouldn't? I think that the two of you need to talk because despite the time you spend together, you two are incapable of actually talking about your feelings," Ludmila says.

"Doesn't matter. What matters is that tomorrow is your big day and we need to get back out there and get partly drunk off of that champagne." I get up and pull her up with me.

She enters Diego's arms as soon as she sees him and he hands her a glass of bubbly. I glance around the room and see that Francesca was reunited with her boyfriend.

"Lighten up, love," Camila slurs.

"Believe me, I'm trying."