[19.] She Needs Somebody

(The first part of this chapter takes place slightly before the previous chapter. Enjoy! xx)

 Enjoy! xx)

"MR CAVIGLIA CAN see you now," the nurse says and I nod in thanks

She leaves the door slightly ajar and I brace myself for seeing him.

"Leon, I can see that you are there."

I curse under my breath and enter the room. Christian sat up as I entered. I held my breath as I looked at him. It was horrifying to see him like this, to see somebody I admired in this position.

"How are you feeling?" I asked cautiously.

"Not as bad as I could be, all things considered." he said. "Actually, I need to talk to you."

My eyes widen and I hesitantly sit down next to him. It was scary to hear that from your ex-girlfriend's father, even if we were on good terms.

"This is about my daughter."

I knew it.

"I think it is about time you finally decide what you want. You made some mistakes and she also made some, but it's about time the two of you move past it. The two of you have been great friends and I believe that it is time the two of you try and recover some of that.

"She is happy, there is no doubt about that. She was free in Italy because it was a new life. I realise now that it was because she was free from all of her mistakes. She ran away from her past, but she was happy. She and Tomas have a good relationship. They are safe and comfortable. They are both secure in the relationship, and it is something she needed.

"But you and her were different. I can't say I always approved of the two of you, in fact I never did. You seemed like you would be a terrible influence on her, but I knew that the two of you were happy. No father would jeopardise his daughter's happiness. This is why I think the two of you should fix your relationship.

"You two were happy. Happier than she is now. You never forget your first love, and you were her first love. You will always be her epic love, and a love like that is hard to move on from. I'm not saying you are going to have to be with her, the two of you still need to make your own choices.