[14.] My Worst Fear Has Come True

(No confrontation between Leon and Francesca, but still very important. Maybe even interesting??? Enjoy! xx)

 Maybe even interesting??? Enjoy! xx)

I MET ALEX Lopez on New Years Day almost five years ago, many months before I found out about Leon

Leon had left early that day after a short sleep to replenish his energy after the midnight celebrations. I was disappointed that I would not be spending the first day of the new year with my boyfriend. Ludmila was spending the day FaceTiming Diego so that they could be together in the best way that they could.

I would be alone.

Throughout the day I watched movies on Netflix, romantic comedies; my favourite genre, and when evening came Leon had still not returned. Instead, he sent me a message saying he may only be back the next day, he also sent a plethora of apologies but they did not soothe the aching loneliness in my heart.

So, I did what any person in my position would. I went to a club. It was not my best decision, but I could have never foreseen the evening.

I didn't drink much, I had never been an impulsive drinker. I sat at the bar and watched people as they celebrated the new year in style. Their happiness was genuine, something not only produced by the side-effects of alcohol. However, I was not alone.

The man next to me was attractive with cropped black hair, a warm smile and a lean body. He was dressed slightly more casual than me with a pair of dark blue jeans, a white shirt and black and white check shirt, but that didn't detract from his appearance. He had also been sipping one glass of beer for two hours. Together, we gave various people (tragic) life stories.

I had not laughed so much in a very long time.

Alex made me happy again, a feeling that felt somewhat foreign given the last few weeks of an absent boyfriend. I didn't hate Leon for what he was doing, he was working hard and I was proud of that. I just wished that he had more time for me because I missed him. I missed being with him.

Long story short, I ended up in Alex's apartment, in his bed, in his arms. Our clothes were in a forgotten pile as we never tore away from each other once that entire night.