[20.] The Best Man I Have Ever Known

(And with the gif, just imagine it's not Violetta! I searched long and hard for a comfort gif that did not have Violetta's face. It's not too bad. Enjoy!)

 Enjoy!)

"WHY ARE YOU here?"

"WHY ARE YOU here?"

"I wanted to be a friend, something you need. I'm here for you."

I push myself off the floor and fall into his arms. He catches me and adjusts me into a more comfortable position with his arms still around me. He whispers into my ear as I continue to cry. He slowly lowers us to the ground and tightens his grip on me as he pulls me closer.

We sit there for a long time. Eventually I manage to stop crying, but we continue to sit like that. My head rests on his chest as he runs his fingers through my hair.

It was intimate and I hated how comfortable how I was. It felt wrong to feel this way with somebody who was not my boyfriend, especially because that somebody is Leon. But there was something about his presence that felt different to everybody else's. He calmed me in a particular way.

Leon was special to me, he had a place in my heart that nobody would ever be able to replace. He would always be a safe place, even after everything that had happened between the two of us.

My parents' divorce was a difficult time for me, but having him made it manageable. He has always managed to comfort me in ways that nobody ever could. It was that connection to my parents which made him the best (and probably only) person to be there for me. He understood my relationship with my father better than anybody else.

He knew how angry an upset I was when I found out what had happened between my parents. He knew how hard it was for me to actually forgive him. But then he also knew how much it meant to me that we somehow patched up our relationship. He knew what my father meant to me.

Leon has always been my best friend. He has always known me better than I know myself. He knows exactly what to say, even now when it seems like nothing could ever work. I feel my heartbeat slowly start to steady. His fingers lightly stroke my back in a soothing manner.

"It's going to be okay. I know that it's tough right now, but things will get better. We're all here for you. I am here for you." He kisses my head and we continue to sit there.