[3.] It's Time To Be Her Friend Again

I CUT THE call immediately

It is not that I was not happy for her. I think it is great that and Diego have decided to tie the knot but I didn't want to be there to see it.

I would have been fine if I just ended up getting a card saying just married in my mail with a picture of the two of them.

I didn't want to go back. I didn't want to be part of that life anymore. I had new life and I wanted to keep it separate.

I begin pacing around the living room, slapping the phone on my hand in time with my steps. My father ignored me for the time being allowing me to try and regain my composure before I spoke to him about it,

Could I really go back? I don't think I could manage seeing all the familiar places and faces. It would bring back too many bad memories and not only of seeing Leon and Gery.

When I left, I left everything behind. I tried to separate my past which was filled with heartbreak and misery to my hopeful future. I would be going against every self-help book if I ended up digging up the past I buried years ago.

I was ready to call Ludmila back and tell her that I would not be able to attend her wedding when the phone was taken out of my hand. I looked up and saw Christian shaking his head disapprovingly.

"You are going to that wedding," There was no ambiguity in his tone. He believed he was final and that should be the end of it.

But I was not about to back down. This was too serious. I lived a simple life now that was free from drama. I did not want to bring all of that back into my life due to a visit to Buenos Aires.

My father would have to understand that this had to be my decision and my decision was made the moment I knew it was Ludmila.

It was not that I could not go back. I certainly had the ability to go back and the belief that I was strong enough to handle whatever I encountered there. It was my choice to stay here. It was my choice not to force myself to see all those familiar faces.

"Phone her back," Christian says sternly.

I turn around to face and hold out the phone towards him, "No."