[8.] She Could Not Be Back

(Leon's point of view! I will eventually add a banner that says this. Sorry for being so late but I've been busy. Hopefully I will be able to get in a chapter or two this week. Enjoy! xx)

 Enjoy! xx)

"THERE'S A RANDOM guy in the liv—fuck

"THERE'S A RANDOM guy in the liv—fuck."

The black-haired girl in front of me seemed to be as shocked as I was judging by the fact she dropped four glasses that she previously held in her hands. It could not be her. She was somebody else in an all-too-familiar body.

She could not be back.

It had been four years. Four excruciatingly long years without her, without any sign that she was alive. It was as if she had fallen off the face of the planet without leaving so much as a note. Which she didn't. I had returned to an empty home that became a mere house in a moment. She didn't even leave a message.

And now she's back?

"Leon," Her voice was unsteady as she said my name slowly, testing it out on her tongue again as if it was completely foreign.

I shake my head repeatedly, taking a few cautious steps back. It was not her. It could not be her. Ludmila carefully stepped towards me, brushing past the other woman. I kept my eyes trained on Ludmila. The longer I looked at the black-haired girl, the more convincing it became that she was the love of my life.

"I was going to tell you, I swear. In my defence, I still had a few weeks before the wedding but she decided to come early," Ludmila says, putting her hands up to show her innocence.

I finally looked away from her. It was her wasn't it? I finally allowed myself to take her appearance in. She had cut her hair, the tips grazed her shoulders. She still had the same style, a blue dress (occasionally she wore something like red or purple, but always dark colours for her dress), a cardigan (she was wearing yellow today) and a headband. I looked at her face, her eyes. There was something about it.

Her eyes looked softer and faint traces of crinkles by her eyes. She smiled a lot more.

She is happier.