[12.] My Best Friend Chose To Leave Me

(As always, I hate the long time gap between chapters, but I barely have time to read let alone write. I have been reading Sherlock Holmes for like three-four weeks now and I'm only 450 pages in (of 1000+)... I really want to write more, but if I don't read, my writing will visibly plummet. Enough of my son sorry, enjoy! xx)

 Enough of my son sorry, enjoy! xx)

•FRANCESCA•

•FRANCESCA•

LYING.

That's the beginning of the end of anything.

If you're lying about something, you're hiding something. Secrets always have a way of getting out, it's a loathsome quality of them. The problem with it is that the person you lied to now knows.

Being lied to is one of the worst ways of being betrayed. You know that you're not trusted by somebody who you probably love dearly. You begin to question every single thing that person has told you, you start to look for the signs and all of this tears you apart,

Sometimes you have to wonder whether giving everything up is worth telling that one lie. Yes, one lie. One ignorant slip of a tongue and everything's ruined. Was that one secret so life-threatening that you felt the need to lie, without realising that you had set a bomb destined to explode?

One lie will eventually walk you into a predicament, and this is what leads you tell more lies until you have spun an intricate web of lies that not even you can navigate around.

See, Leon lied to me once. He told me that everything was fine at work, and that I need not worry. He promised that Gery was out of the picture. When the late nights started to creep in, the tiredness and the general fear, he began more lies. Maybe that's what led him to sleep with her, he needed a release. Or he got so sick of himself that he was waiting for me to figure it out so that we could end it.

The point is that it started with a lie. I could have helped, if he told me from the beginning that Gery was back, and that his father was making him a puppet yet again. I could have fought for him.

The signs were probably there. Just like him, I was probably waiting for the end.

After all of that, I have yet to learn the lesson that one should never lie.