[16.] He Will Always Come Back To You

(Okay, this did take a while to come out because I wanted to shorten the wait for the next chapter. Exam season is officially upon us and I cannot afford to do badly which means absolutely no time for writing. I literally have not done anything enjoyable in the last two weeks. I am stuck on the same short story in Sherlock Holmes and it is killing me. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. )

 )

SHE DID IT too

SHE DID IT too.

She did it way before I even considered something like that.

She did it while I was fighting for our relationship against my father, although that battle was a loss.

She did it for months and she had the audacity to act like I had committed the ultimate betrayal knowing that she did the same thing.

She left.

I may not have many positive attributes, but at least I was slightly less of a coward then her. I had suffered the last four years and had let my guilt consume me. I have been overwhelmed with guilt ever since she came back, but it turned out that I had no reason to be.

Not to say that an eye for an eye applies to this, or anything, but I still felt relieved. It's an odd thing, to be relieved that your beloved ex-girlfriend cheated on you, but in these circumstances it was the only possible reaction. That and anger.

There was something about her leaving which irked me. I never would have left if I found out about her. No matter how dire the situation may seem, I was not a runner. I may try to avoid my problems as much I possibly can, but I will not abandon the people who love me. I would never forgive myself if I caused Ludmila pain by deserting her.

What irritated me further was the fact that I did not notice it. Had work really consumed my thoughts and time so entirely that I never noticed that the love of my life was in the arms of another whenever I wasn't there. Then again, I was working long hours. All I was focused on was beating my father to save our relationship, but that ended up being the match to the flame signifying the end of the our relationship.

So what if she slept with somebody behind my back for nine months? So what if I did the same thing? So what if she left me? So what?

Suffice to say, I was handling the situation in a totally calm and collected way.