Chapter 1

Zoey's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of the birds tweeting outside. Groggily, I sat up and yawned.

I was quickly greeted with rays of sunlight shining into my eyes. Pushing aside my scrappy blanket, I then slid out of bed.

I sighed slightly, not wanting night time to be over so fast. I went ahead and got myself dressed. I put on a white tank top and a sleeveless plaid shirt, along with a pair of capris. I then put on my favorite, though slightly worn out, pair of indigo converse.

I barely managed to tie them since nobody taught me how to tie my shoes, so I gotta work with what I got.

I headed into the bathroom. Quickly I brushed my teeth before messily put my  hair into a ponytail. It wasn't the greatest, but it at least kept my hair outta my face. I've always been interested with my hair. It's tricolored; a mix of brown, light brown, and a bit of blonde.

After getting myself together, I started making my way downstairs. It was quiet …..

That was never a good sign.

I heard his loud snores coming from the couch as I then walked into the kitchen. Moving around quietly, I made myself a small sandwich.

I quickly ate, not know when he would wake up. I then slowly made my way over to the door. Just as I was halfway there, my blood turned cold.

“Where the hell do you think you're going!?”

Gulping silently to myself, I turned around to see him wide awake, and standing up.
I looked at him fearfully. Jason's eyes were faintly bloodshot and he reeked of alcohol.

“I asked you a damn question.” He growled as he started walking closer to me

“I-I wasn't goin’ anywhere.” I mumbled

“Damn right you ain't. Your saying on this property for as long as you live.” He then hissed before looking around the kitchen.

“Why the bloody hell is a glass missing!?” He then demanded

“I tripped and fell. It broke in my hands.” I whispered as I glanced at my hands. They were still covered in the cuts from the glass shards.

“You stupid, useless, child!” He roared before he came charging towards me

Several minutes later, he finished, satisfied. I on the other hand, was covered in new bruises and a couple fresh cuts. He then left to go take care of his crap.

Wincing, I opened the door and walked outside, greet by to smell of fresh air. There was about an acre of land. Holding back tears, I made my way to the old barn that was far away from the house. Thank the heavens that he could care less about this place and never walked back here.

Using all my strength, I pushed open one of the barn doors and walked in. I then pushed it back shut, and made my way over to the opposite side of the barn. My personal hideout was hidden by several old hay bales. I made my way over them, making myself hidden from the door, before I got myself a little bag of chips and ate a bit.

It was peaceful for a few minutes until I then heard a mixture of gunfire and yells. Unsure of what to do, I froze in place. I then heard the barn doors slide​ open and shut. Soon the men's yells faded away. Suddenly, I heard a relieved sounding sigh.

Only it was...Mechanical sounding?

Curious, I peeked over the hay bales a little.

Then I saw a giant robot across from me, leaning up against the wall of the other side of the barn as he sat down.
Shocked, I quietly gasped. My mind went into overdrive as I then figured it out.