Chapter 18

Zoey's P.O.V

I felt my seatbelt instantly tighten over me, preventing me from moving as Gadget swerved hard to avoid on of the rockets, as did the rest of the Autobots. I watch as he quickly shifted gears and did a sideways drift, as did Bumblebee, both kicking up a boat load of dirt. A split second later, we were speeding harder in the opposite direction.

“What was that!?” I yelped as we drove faster

“Prototype.” Ironhide growled as he looked behind us.

I looked as well and saw a trio of vehicles chasing after us. The big one was a scary looking, silver and black Freightliner Argosy. The smaller one was an ugly red and black Pagani Huayra. The one that seemed to be in the middle of the two sizes, was a completely blacked out Tahoe.

I then saw the ugly little red and black one fire another missile. Crosshairs swerved though, making the missile miss.

“Come on Gadget, you have to go faster. Do what you love to do.” Ratchet directed as he looked behind us

I heard Gadget laugh a little darkly before his gears shifted, and his speed started increasing even more. I looked behind us, and saw the bad guy trio starting to speed up as well.

‘Split up, split up!’ someone yelled through the comm link

A moment later, I saw Crosshairs, Drift, and Hound swerve to the side before going into a different direction. The plan kinda worked though. The Pagani broke off and sped after the other three, leaving Gadget, ‘Bee, and Optimus with the Freightliner and Tahoe.

I glanced back again to see the ‘liner pulling out several more rockets.

“Look out!” I yelped as they shoot again at us.

The three of them managed to avoid them, but the rockets instead hit a semi further up. I saw the semi do a flip before overturning, blocking us from going through. I saw Bumblebee and Optimus pick up speed, heading towards the crashed semi. I then felt Gadget to the same.

“Hang on!” Gadget called and I felt the seat belt whip off of us.

I was about to ask for what, but by then my question was already answered. Just all three of us came nearing to the semi; Optimus, ‘Bee, and Gadget launched themselves into the air.
I then felt everything slow down.

Bumblebee and Gadget did a bit of a backflip in midair.

‘Bee tossed Cade, Lucky, and Tessa in the air while Gadget tossed me, Ratchet, and Ironhide.

All I heard was yelling and screaming. I saw Optimus catch the other three, while Gadget caught us again.

I managed to see ‘Bee hang upside down on the freeway ramp before shooting at the prototypes .

A split second later, right as we were going to hit the ground, Gadget stuck his free servo out and pushed off. I yelled as we were in the air once again.

Gadget then caught us, and I felt him rapidly transform back into his alt. The next thing I know, all three of us are back in his front seats.

“Sorry.” Gadget's voice said

I took a deep breath to slow my rapid pounding heart.

“I-i’m alright. You did well.” Ratchet said, visibly shaken.

I saw Optimus up further ahead. I glanced back and saw the Freightliner and Tahoe, pixelated and then reappeared a bit behind us.

“What the hell!?” Ratchet, Ironhide, and Gadget all said in unison