Chapter 12

Zoey's P.O.V

We drove for a few more hours before stopping and hiding out in an abandoned train station that was a few miles away from a city. I forget the name of it though. I think it's called 'Jefferson City’ or somethin’.

“There's a full-on manhunt out for us, so we have some new rules.” Cade said after he and Shane got it of Gadget.

I then heard their transformation sequence start up and a moment later, they were in their bipedal modes.

Gadget looked a bit different. He still had the extra armour on his torso and upper arms, but now he also had the grill off his alt on top of his chest; along with his floodlights spread  out between just below his shoulders to his chest. He didn't look fully amused.

“What type of new rules?” I asked as I came over to them with Tessa.

“Anyone who has got a badge is not our friend. And we're gonna divide and conquer.” Cade started to explain before turning to face Tessa and Shane.

Or as he and Gadget like to call, Lucky Charms.

“You two in charge of stealing food and the essentials, and nothing else.” Cade directed them

They both nodded and then he turned to face me.

“What do I get to do?” I asked curiously

“You, sweetie, are going to be with me. We're going to find some extra clothes.” Cade said to me and I nodded

“Alrighty.” I replied with a nod

“Am I correct to assume each group of two will be taking one of us?” Gadget questioned

“If that's so. Then ya get the same answer as before. Hell no.” Crosshairs called as he walked towards a different section of the station

Drift and Hound both gave their replies, which were the same as before. Leaving it to just be Gadget and 'Bee.

::Dibs on Cade and Zoey.:: 'Bee then said suddenly as he picked me and Cade up

Cade yelped slightly, but then relaxed when he saw what was going on.

“What!? I dealt with Lucky Charms already. Not fair! Optimus!”  Gadget said back

'Bee held me and Cade in his servo as Optimus turned to face all of us.

“Gadget..” Optimus said tiredly as he looked at him

“But Optimus!”

“Gadget.” Optimus said again, sterner this time, making him sound like a dad warning his kid he's going to get in trouble.

Gadget 'hmph’ and crossed his arms as he looked down at the other two.

“Fine.” He growled after a moment before transforming back into his alt, opening his passenger door.

Tessa and Shane climbed in before Gadget then shut his door, turned sharply, and sped out of the station.

I don't think he was very happy with the arrangement.

I saw Optimus shake his helm slightly before he turned and walked away.

::Ready?:: 'Bee asked

“Yep!” I replied

“Ready for what?” Cade questioned

His question was then answered a moment later when 'Bee transformed and we both landed in his front seats.

“Epic!” I cheered with a grin

Cade seemed to be in shock for a moment.

“You okay?” I asked him as the seatbelt snaked over us and buckled us in