Chapter 36

Zoey P.O.V.

Cade managed to get Gadget down.

Well it was more like Gadget fell off. Apparently the invention he was using ran out of power and died.

It was a mildly loud crash.

He ended up doing a front flip and mostly avoided crashing hard. He still fell but only got a few bruises.

"I swear you almost as bad as the twins." Ratchet said with a sigh as he came back and saw him sprawled out on his back

"Still standin'." Gadget answered though he stayed on his back

I heard Ratchet sigh and shake his head.

I grinned slightly as I watched 'Bee pull Gadget to his feet.

Yep.

This is a completely normal day for me.

Couple weeks later

Zoey's P.O.V

I hummed as I headed to go outside.

School hasn't been as bad. I'm at least friends with my teacher but that's about it. Which is alright, she's a lot of fun.

I shifted my backpack slightly as I went around the other kids, before heading outside.

I grinned as I saw the familiar orange and black Jeep, waiting.

Turns out from what Ratchet said, Gadget is going through a phase as he's starting to turn into an adult.

That's not how he said it exactly thought.

If I remember right his words were, "Right now I get the honors to deal with this ball of craziness for the next few years."

It explained why Gadget's been much more daring lately.

"Hiya Gadget." I grinned as I climbed in.

"Hey there Zoe." He mused back as he helped me into the seat and clicked me in.

I noticed that his alt smelled slightly of gunpowder and the tips of his hair were singed.

"Another experiment backfire?" I asked as I pointed at his hair

"More or less." Gadget answered as he looked at the burnt ends, "We gotta make a stop for a few things."

"Like what?"

"One a new wielder. I accidently broke the first one. Two a set of safety glasses. Three a couple car batteries. Four a couple pairs of mechanics gloves"

I nodded in understandment before realizing something.

"Whatcha need car batteries for? You're not going to electrocute yourself again are you?"

Gadget chuckled and shook his head

"No, but my datapad is dead." He started as he stopped at a red light before he went into his middle console and pulled out a large transparent light blue screen.

"I need a strong amount of energy to reactivate it. Which equals approximately two car batteries."

"I gotcha." I answered

Gadget hummed and nodded back before sliding the datapad away

"So is it like an my tablet?"

"In a way, yes. Only more advanced. It's mostly used for my medic notes, homework, and quizzes."

"So you probably don't have games on it then."

Gadget laughed

"Of course I got games on it."

Timeskip (brought to you by Ratchet chewing Gadget other for breaking his wielder. Cue the 'I needed that!')

Zoey's P.O.V

I walked beside Gadget as we went back to his alt, having gotten what he needed.

He did something the the batteries to make sure they didn't give off any electricity till we got back home.

"In ya go." Gadget mused as he picked me up and set me down in my seat as I laughed

"Goofy." I grinned as he got in himself

"Always." Gadget replied as he did a playful salute back

I giggled back as he then started driving.

It was pretty quiet for several minutes, until there was then the sound of sirens behind us.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." Gadget said as he looked in his mirror and pulled off to the side

Confused, I turned around in my seat and looked behind us.

Surprisingly, pulling up behind us was a white, blue and black police car. It looked like it was a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. It had more attachments than Gadgets.

With sirens, floodlights, a thick black bar on the front of the grill with what looked like a towing wrench attached. It also has thicker wheels and was raised off the ground more with white rails on the side.

I heard the shutting of a door and saw a guy hop out of it.

I got to see what he had on as he came over.

He was very freckled, and had on a pair of white and blue shades. He also had slightly wavy black hair that looked like it was streaked with blue and white. Along with a black collared shirt that was under a heavy duty looking tactical vest. He had black tactical like pants that had hard covers on top of the knees. I also saw he had white, blue, and grey running shoes on.

I saw Gadget shake his head as he came over to the window, which was down.

"Gadget Gadget, son of Hatchet." He mused as he rested his arms on the doorway

I looked at him in surprise.

Gadget rolled his eyes before looking at him.

"Same old, same old, isn't it Ace?" He asked as the guy then grinned back

Howdy! Below is Ace. Both him and the collage belong to me. Not a whole bunch left to say. Just merely that new character one of three has arrived....

Peace out!