17 | it's too late to apologize

"I'M s-sorry—"

"Fuck your apology." Taehyung responded bitterly, walking quickly in front of Jimin, using his longer legs to his advantage. Jimin had to jog to keep up, which Taehyung had noticed then blatantly ignored.

"Tae!" Jimin frowned and reached out, "It w-was a honest m-mistake, I'm sor-sorry, let me m-make it up t-to you!"

"No!"

Jimin recoiled, hurt flashing across his face. Taehyung ignored it and stopped, waiting for the light to come on that indicates he can cross the road. Jimin's hand flopped to his side, and if he wasn't so god damn guilty and sad he'd notice the pain striking up his fingers to his wrist.

"Taehyung—"

"You can't make this up to me Jimin, wanna know why?" Taehyung snapped, turing around harshly and jabbing a finger into Jimin's chest, "It's because I texted you multiple times asking if you wanted to do something for my birthday yesterday. If you had read them then maybe you wouldn't have forgotten."

"I'm—"

"And even then," Taehyung continued, voice raising, "I shouldn't have to be the one to remind you of my birthday!"

Jimin flinched back a little, "I'm s-sorry! I-I didn't mean to f-forget! I was eve-even planning so-something, b-but I got caught u-up with other th-things."

"What was more important Jimin?" Taehyung asked, tone still cold, "It better be good, because if you weren't dying or something then you have no excuse."

Jimin hesitated. He had so many mixed feelings. He felt overwhelmed with the feeling of guilt and hurt, but he was also angry. He was so angry at Taehyung, the younger was overreacting.

"I was w-with J-Jungkook." Jimin said, voice breaking, "I thi-think you were right, I-I think I l-like him."

Jimin didn't miss the way that Taehyung's expression went from mad to blank in a matter of seconds, but it wasn't long before it changed to furious.

"God damnit, Park Jimin!" Taehyung shouted, "You insensitive, oblivious fuck!"

Jimin yelped and jumped back in alarm, confusion mixing in with all of his other feelings. He felt lightheaded. He watched as Taehyung glared at him.

"Wh-What—"

Taehyung glanced back at the sign just in time to see it change to walk, someone else must have pressed the button on the other side. He took a deep breath, "Nothing. Do me a favor and stay the fuck away from me for a while until I don't feel like smashing your face in with a baseball bat."

Jimin watched as Taehyung got mixed in with the group of people that were crossing the street. It was then that he noticed the pain in his wrist. He winced and took a hold of it, cradling it against his chest as his teeth came down on his bottom lip. He let out a soft whimper and headed in a different direction that Taehyung, figuring this time he'd take the long way.