19 | cashing in a favor

"JIMIN, can you hand me my black shirt?" Jungkook called from inside the bathroom.

"Wh-Which one? You own li-like f-fifty." Jimin asked, getting up from his comfortable position, walking over to the Jungkook's closet. He opened the sliding door with a bit of difficulty on account of his hand acting up and how much of a mess the closet was.

"The nice button-up." Jungkook responded.

Jimin noticed it was the only one hanging up. He took it off the hook and made his way to the bathroom.

"H-Here you—" His words fell short when his eyes landed on a shirtless Jungkook, cheeks heating up. He watched as Jungkook turned around and he tried to look anywhere besides the younger's toned stomach and sharp hip bones.

"Thanks." Jungkook smiled, taking the shirt from Jimin, seemingly unaware of how flustered Jimin is.

"N-No problem." Jimin said softly.

Jungkook put his shirt on, buttoning it up. Jimin then noticed how nice Jungkook looked. He had on one of his nicer pairs of jeans (the ones without any holes in the knees), and his hair was styled messily, making him look somehow even better.

"Y-you look— wow." Jimin said without thinking, cheeks reddening more when he registered what he said. "I-I mean—"

"Thank you." Jungkook chuckled, "I have a date with Hani tonight."

"O-oh." Jimin muttered, "Where you two going?"

"I'm taking her to that expensive Italian place a few blocks down." He said.

"You can afford that?"

"Uh, yeah, about that—" Jungkook muttered softly, "I was hoping you'd be able to buy food for like, a month or two?"

"O—"

"I mean, you don't have to!" Jungkook said quickly, eyes widening as he held his hands up in defense, "I mean, I'm the one who decided to—"

"It's fine J-Jungkook, I can to-totally pay for fo-food for a while." He smiled, "Just sh-show Hani a g-good time."

"You're the best." Jungkook smiled.

Jimin smiled weakly and went to leave the bathroom.

"Hey, you think you could sleep at Taehyung's dorm tonight?"

"Uh— why?"

Jungkook blushed softly, "I was thinking of bringing Hani here—"

"Oh." Jimin blinked, "Oh, y-yeah, sure. I'll just gr-grab my phone ch-charger and see you l-later."

"Cool, thanks." Jungkook smiled, turning back to the mirror

Jimin nodded, ignoring the feeling of the pain in his chest as he left the room. He grabbed his backpack from the desk chair and unzipped it. He threw in some of his text books and a pencil case, his phone charger, and a wad of money into the bag. Shrugging on a black hoodie, he looked around for anything else he might need. He sighed softly and slung his backpack over his shoulder, grabbing his keys on his way to the door.

"I'll s-see you later."

"Okay, bye! Thanks again."

Jimin hummed and left the dorm. He bit his lip and made his way to the elevator, figuring he could just find some twenty four hour diner to reside in.

______

"Do you think we're the aliens?" Taehyung asked, looking up at the stars.

"What?"

"I mean, we are definitely not the only ones in this universe, or even outside of this universe. Do you think that somewhere out there we're the aliens?"

"Definitely." Yoongi nodded, taking a sip of his soda. They were at the diner where Hani worked, Taehyung claiming he wanted to go because they had good burgers but Yoongi was convinced it was because it was cheap.

"Have you seen Star Wars?" Taehyung asked, "I wish the world was like Star Wars. That'd be cool."

"Getting cut in half with laser swords or shot down in the middle of space by rebel ships sounds cool?"

"Totally." Taehyung chuckled, "What side would you be on hyung?"

"I don't know."

"You'd be on the dark side. I feel it. If you were a Star Wars character you'd be Anakin."

"Wow thanks."

"See! He fits you perfectly, you're both sarcastic and like doing your own thing."

"Yes because I also find joy in killing young children to become an almighty ruler of the universe."

Taehyung gasped playfully, "I knew it!"

"Shut up and eat your burger." Yoongi said, rolling his eyes, the corner of his mouth quirking up a bit.

Taehyung grinned, picking up his burger. He took a bite as the little bell on the door dinged. He glanced at the door curiously, watching as the man came through the door. He was going to look away until the man looked his way. It was Jimin. He sunk down in his seat until only the his head was in view. Yoongi watched him curiously.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"That guy over there is Jimin." Taehyung muttered. "The one with the backpack."

Yoongi blinked and turned around, scanning the restaurant until his eyes landed on a chestnut haired boy sitting in the far corner with a backpack. He turned around with a smirk, "I get it now, he's really pretty."

"Pretty." Taehyung snorted.

"What, he is!" Yoongi chuckled, "You should go talk to him."

"No, I'm mad."

"About him forgetting your birthday?" Yoongi frowned, "Cause it's been like three days, get over it."

"It's more than just him forgetting my birthday. I wouldn't be so salty for just that." Taehyung said softly, "It's so much more than that."

"Then what is it?"

"I don't know, I just—" Taehyung sighed, "He always only hangs out with me when Jungkook isn't around, or when he's with his girlfriend. He's too in love with Jungkook and too oblivious to notice how I feel about him. He gives me fake smiles all the time."

Yoongi sighed, "Why are the cute ones always dicks."

"Hyung—"

"What, he is being one." Yoongi shrugs, taking a fry off Taehyung's plate, "If he gives you fake smiles and only hangs with you when this Jungkook kid isn't around then he's a dick."

"Yeah, but I can't help but like him anyway."

"You should try to stop now." Yoongi said, "Boys like that are heartbreaks waiting to happen."