39 | wait on it

tysm for 200k ahh this is amazing! also i wrote this instead of doing spanish
______

THE door swung open as a hectic Taehyung came barreling in, panting hard with his clothes rumpled up. Jimin's head snapped up, eyes wide as he watched his friend close the door, swiftly locking it. Taehyung took a deep breath before swinging around on the heels of his feet and gave Jimin a small smile. His sneakers hit the floor with small steps as the medical student made his way to Jungkook's bed, dropping his bag on the floor as he went. He plopped down onto the mattress, pulling the comforter over his legs as he leaned against the wall.

"You l-look like you ran a m-marathon." Jimin commented, getting over the shock. He had a contemporary dance textbook opened and a binder that had a colorfully highlighted sheet of paper on it.

Taehyung grinned tiredly, hair flopping in his face as he ducked his head, "I think I just did."

"W-What happened?"

"I got chased by a squirrel."

Jimin fell silent, staring at the stupid smile on his best friend's face. He felt his hand move up to his face, fingers pinching the bridge of his nose with a small smile. He shook his head, "How?"

"I tried to pet it." Taehyung shrugged, "It wasn't really down for that."

"W-Why am I even s-surprised?"

Taehyung laughed, something deep and rumbly in his chest. He shook his head, a wide smile playing on his lips as he knocked his head against the wall. Jimin grinned softly at that.

They stayed in silence after that, Jimin reading away about ballet. Taehyung's head was still knocked back against the wall, however now it was slumped onto his shoulder more. He had Jungkook's blanket pulled up to his shoulders and looked like he was about ready to fall over. Jimin's mind raced as he watched his friend fall asleep, face leveling out into peace and harmony. He looked at the laptop that was starting to spill out with the other contents of Taehyung's bag.

Jimin gulped and looked away, recalling the talk he had with Hoseok. He'd have to tell him everything eventually. He sighed and ran his hands over his face, glancing at the door when it clicked and opened.

"Hey." Jungkook grinned when he entered the room. "Why was the door locked?"

Jimin pointed to Taehyung, "H-He got chased by a a-s-squirrel."

Jungkook laughed. A beautiful smile painted on his lips and Jimin felt like he was going to die. Jungkook set his stuff down onto his desk, a heavy black Kanken that had a ton of pins. Jimin watched with a small smile as Jungkook gently pulled the blanket to cover Taehyung's feet.

"He looks tired."

"S-Should've seen him when he b-barged in here." Jimin giggled.

Jungkook found himself smiling. He moved over and climbed onto Jimin's bed. The action was kind of difficult because he had to move over various school supplies. In the end, he ended up next to Jimin with his head leaning on the elder's shoulder. He watched as Jimin continued highlighting, silently reading the passage about ballet and restarting whenever Jimin turned the page.

On the other hand, Jimin was close to dying. His cheeks were heating up, a pretty coral color settling across his cheeks. He had to bit the inside of his cheek to keep him from smiling like a fucking idiot.

"You know, it's been almost a year and I didn't know you studied dance until this moment?" Jungkook piped up, nuzzling closer to Jimin.

Jimin's breathing picked up, "R-Really? Surely you wo-would've noticed because of h-how graceful I a-am?"

"Oh sure, you were really graceful when you fell off the bed and hit your head." Jungkook laughed, warm breath hitting Jimin's neck. His nose nudged into the cavity between Jimin's neck and shoulder. Jimin could feel the younger smile.

Jimin's blush spread to his ears. He's reread the same paragraph five times now. It took Jungkook playing gently with the strings on his hoodie before he cracked and said something, "You're awfully c-clingy today. Where'd th-this come fr-from?"

Jungkook spoke in a soft voice, "I'm tired. When I get tired I want to cuddle. I'd be curled up in my blanket right now and hugging my pillow if Taehyung wasn't in my bed."

"Do you w-want me to move? Y-You can sleep in my bed u-until he wakes u-up." Jimin offered, watching as Jungkook curled the string around his finger.

"Nah, I'm quite happy with this right now." Jungkook commented, letting the string loose. He closed his eyes.

It fell into a comfortable silence again. Jimin sighed as he felt Jungkook's breathing even out. Across the room, Taehyung was sleeping peacefully, curled up in Jungkook's blanket. Jimin found the place he left off in his textbook and smiled to himself.

He knew that eventually he'd have to talk to Taehyung, but for now he figured it could wait. Especially with Jungkook sleeping on his arm like this.

Yeah, Jimin thought, It can wait.