50 | everything i do is bittersweet: tae's pov

"OH shit! Are you okay?" Taehyung asked, his overly expensive book bag dropping to the ground like a bag of rocks as he kneeled down next to the poor brunette that was practically ran over by a bunch of douchebag soccer jocks. The man had sat up groggily after being knocked to the ground, rubbing his head as he checked for blood.

"I-I'm f-f-fine."

"Is your head bleeding? Here, let me check," Taehyung gently moves the stranger's hand out of the way and began parting his hair in search for a wound. He finds nothing and moves onto a full blown examination, "It looks like you're fine, besides some road rash."

Taehyung stands and offers his hand, grinning brightly after the boy takes it despite looking hesitant. The boy dusts himself off gently and winces when the cuts on his hands brush against the fabric of his jeans too harshly.

"T-T-Thanks."

"No problem! You have to be kind of careful for the sports kids at this school. They see the whole campus as their field," Taehyung picks up his backpack and shrugs the strap over one shoulder, "Are you a freshman?"

The stranger nods.

"Wow! You look older than eighteen! I bet you could totally get into a club without being carded."

The boy blushes, a cute rose color that spreads across his cheeks and over his nose. Taehyung's heart skips a beat, "I-I'm act-actually twenty. I-I waited a c-couple y-years."

"We're the same age!" Taehyung exclaims, "My name is Taehyung, it's nice to meet you."

"Pa-Park J-Jimin."

"Would you like a tour of the school? What are you majoring in? If you know yet anyway, I know sometimes the freshman don't know what to major in which is totally fine but you never know because some people are really good at getting their shit together, like for example, I'm a med student! I want to be a doctor."

Jimin looked flustered with the sudden ranting and all the questions, but nonetheless he smiled and answered what he could remember.

"I'm m-majoring i-in dance. I w-want to b-be a choreo-choreographer."

"Woah that's so cool! My roommate is a music producer, he's not like professional yet but he might as well be. I might get him to make a song for you! I'd love to see you dance! Oh! Come with me, I want to show you the lounge area. Have you seen it yet? It's so cool."

"Y-You're v-very energetic."

"Sorry, I know I'm loud and I talk a lot. If it bothers you, just say it. I'm used to being told to shut up so I won't take it bad," Taehyung smiles sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck with his eyes down casted.

Jimin quickly shakes his head and smiles, "I-I like how e-energetic y-y-you are. L-Let's be g-good fr-friends!"

Taehyung looks up in surprise and breaks into a giant smile, his heart beating faster. He feels warm in his tummy at the idea that he could make Jimin smile, "Okay!"

______

"Bathroom has b-bet-better recept-reception." Jimin informed, messily dragging a yellow highlighter across his notebook.

Taehyung nodded and entered the bathroom, pulling out his phone only to find it had no bars. He sighed and held it up in the air and slowly began tracing every square inch of the bathroom. He eventually found a spot where he got a bar for a mere second, which was next to the toilet.

Taehyung decided to do what any logical person would do and shut the lid then promptly put one Converse clad foot on top of the lid and lifted himself up. He shakily rotated with his phone still in his hand until he finally found a spot that gave him two bars. He grinned in success and began scrolling through his contacts for his favorite Thai restaurant.