18 | the color purple

TAEHYUNG punched his pillow, muttering curse words to himself while his roommate watched him in amusement. The moment Taehyung had got home he collapsed on his bed, cried, and then took his rage out on his poor pillow. His roommate, Yoongi, watching from the sidelines, his laptop long forgotten.

When Taehyung eventually tires himself out, sitting back on his knees, Yoongi decided to speak up.

"You good?"

"Why does he have to be such a dumbass?" Taehyung asked miserably.

"Cause his parents dropped him on his head when he was a child." Yoongi answered, which managed to pull a small smile from the younger.

"Just forget Jimin, he seems like an asshole."

"He's not an asshole." Taehyung defended, "He's just stupid— and in love."

Yoongi just shrugged, "Doesn't mean he's not an asshole."

"Shut up."

Taehyung sighed, curling back up into a ball on the middle of his bed, playing with a string from one of his blankets. Yoongi rolled his eyes and stood up, "Get up you loser."

"No."

"Come on, we're going somewhere."

"I don't want to."

Yoongi walked over and grabbed Taehyung by his wrists, pulling him up into sitting formation, "God, you're heavy."

"Let go of me, I'm trying to wallow in self pity."

"Too bad." Yoongi commented and walked over to Taehyung's closet. He pulled out a tight black shirt and some ripped jeans, throwing them both at Taehyung, who didn't move even when they hit him in the face.

"What are these for?"

"Put them on." Yoongi ordered, moving over to his own closet, pulling his shirt off.

Taehyung looked down at his clothes, frowning, "Why?"

"We're going to the night club."

"Why?"

Yoongi put on a nice shirt and fixed his hair in the mirror. He looked at Taehyung with a small smirk, "You didn't think I wouldn't make you get drunk on your twenty-first birthday did you?"

"Didn't think you even knew it was my birthday."

"Course I do, you're my friend," Yoongi smiled a bit, "Even if you're annoying as hell."

"That's was the nicest thing you've ever said to me."

"Shut the hell up and get dressed."

"Yes, sir."

🌸

Jimin's first destination when he got the dorm was the mini fridge. He grabbed a bottle of water before making his way to the bathroom. He sighed as his hand acted up while he opened the medicine cabinet. He skimmed through the various medicines and toiletries before he picked up his pain medication. He popped the cap off and poured some pills onto the palm of his hand. He took two and used his hand as a funnel, pouring the remaining ones back into the bottle. He took a long drink of water and swallowed as he put the cap back on the bottle. He put everything away and made his way to his bed, laying down and hoping that the pain would go away soon.

Maybe the pills would work on the pain for his heart too.

Jimin sighed, already bored. Jungkook was attending his classes. He reached for his phone, about to text Taehyung before he remembered the events of earlier. In the midst of his pain he had forgotten all about the fight. Sighing again, he tossed his phone back to where it was.

He decided that he'd get up and actually be productive, grabbing his sociology textbook. The pain was slowly dulling in his wrist as he reached for a highlighter.

If he was going to be alone for the next few hours he might as well get some studying in. He uncapped his highlighter and started reading.

It was going fine until he actually used the highlighter. The purple ink on the paper had surprised him. He jerked a bit, letting out a yelp as he drew the marker away from his textbook. The smell of grapes assaulted him. He capped the highlighter and threw it across the room.

He didn't use purple highlighters, especially not scented ones. The only person he knew who used scented purple highlighters was Kim Taehyung. Jimin swallowed, closing his textbook, tossing it somewhere on the floor.

His studying mood had been ruined.