42 | remain calm

THE world stopped spinning. Jimin stopped breathing, he sat up straight, turning his back to Jungkook. His eyes casted on the floor in horror. He's like ninety-five percent sure his heart stopped for a good minute. He dared to look at Jungkook, who hadn't moved from his position. The younger was still laying in the same position he was when Jimin got up, eyes wide in shock and mouth open a bit. Jimin saw him gulp.

Jimin stood quickly, grabbing the lanyard that held his keys from his desk and stuffed his wallet into his back pocket with record speed. He quickly tugged on some shoes, nearly falling face first.

"Jimin," Jungkook tried, finally coming back to his senses. He stood too, hands fiddling with his shirt as he took a step towards Jimin.

Jimin shook his head, "S-Sorry! Sorry. I-I'll leave."

"No, wait, don't leave. You have nowhere to go anyway!"

"I'll f-figure something o-out."

"It's okay!" Jungkook assured, stepping forward and reaching for Jimin's arm, his fingers wrapping around the sleeve of his shirt.

Jimin shook his head and tried ripping his arm away. He pulled, only for Jungkook to tighten his grip.

"L-Let go," Jimin said softly, pulling again.

"Jimin—"

"P-Please, Jungkook! Let go! I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean it!"

Jungkook frowned, "No, Jimin, it's ok-"

"I-I'm so sorry!" Jimin sobbed.

"Hyung—"

It happened fast. Jungkook could barely keep up as Jimin doubled over in pain, letting out a hoarse cry. He dropped to his knees, cradling his wrist to his heaving chest. His breathing came in short puffs as he cried.

"Oh shit," Jungkook gasped, falling onto his knees next to him, "What's wrong?"

"H-Hurts!"

"I know! Fuck," Jungkook looked around, panicking. He sat down, wrapped his arm around Jimin, and pulled him down onto his lap. His fingers ran through the elder's hair as he reaches for his phone. Jungkook nearly dropped the device as he entered the passcode before going to his contacts and searching for the number. Once he found it he hit the call button.

"C'mon," Jungkook muttered. He breathed out a sigh of relief when the line connected, "Taehyung!"

"Jungkook?" Taehyung's voice broke through the phone, "I'm kinda busy right now, can I call you back?"

"No! This can't wait! It's Jimin, Tae," Jungkook looked down at the whimpering boy in his lap, "S-Something's wrong?"

"What do you mean something's wrong?"

"We were just talking and then all of a sudden he fell to his knees crying in pain. He's cradling the arm that always twitches. I don't know if I should take him to the hospital or not."

"Give him his pain medication."

"He ran out yesterday!"

Jimin's breathing got a lot faster, coming out more shallowly. Jungkook put Taehyung on speaker and then set the phone on the floor. His other hand came down to cradle Jimin in his lap, "Jimin? You gotta calm down."

"What's happening?"

"He's hyperventilating," Jungkook said, rocking Jimin, "Calm down, babe, breathe with me."

Jungkook started breathing slowly, trying to get Jimin to match the pace. The elder gave stuttering breaths in response. When he began to settle a bit another wave of pain came, leaving him hyperventilating again.

"Taehyung, I think he's gonna pass out!"

"Fuck," Jungkook heard a lot of rustling, the jangle of keys, and a door slam, "I'm on my way. Try to keep his breathing regulated."

"Okay."

"If he passes out, call 911."

"Okay."

The line went dead.