24 | get in loser, we're going on a date!

"YOU look hot."

Jimin rolled his eyes at his best friend's comment, pulling his black t-shirt down to cover his torso. He had on a pair of simple black swim trunks to match. His unofficial swimming date with Jungkook would be starting in approximately twenty minutes, which is roughly the amount of time it would take for Jungkook to walk from the other side of the campus and get ready. He had recruited Taehyung for help but the younger was really only eating his food and watching Star Wars illegally off of his computer instead of helping.

"D-Do I look o-okay?"

"I already told you that you looked hot." Taehyung chuckled, then threw popcorn at his screen and started complaining about Obi-Wan's stupid padawan braid.

"Y-yeah, but I mean i-if you were Ju-Jungkook," Jimin frowned, looking down at his outfit, "W-Would y-you think I looked o-okay?"

"Jimin, if I was Jungkook I would've already fucked you senseless." Taehyung smirked, somehow managing to look mischievous and reassuring at the same time. He watched as Taehyung paused the movie.

He threw a water bottle at Taehyung, a fiery red dusting over his cheeks and a shy smile coming into play. Jimin wasn't used to compliments.

"S-Shut up, don't t-talk like that."

"I was kidding." Taehyung chuckled.

Jimin sighed and walked over to the full size mirror Jungkook had hanging on the back of the front door. He tilted his head and adjusted his shirt, "I w-wish it w-wasn't a water park. It'd b-be easier t-to dress."

"Yes, but at a water park you get to show off your abs." Taehyung's smirk was back, "And if that doesn't work, you can always just become a cat lady."

"I w-wouldn't have to be-become a cat lady, I h-have you." Jimin said, glancing at Taehyung through the mirror.

Taehyung's cheeks heated up even if his heart ached. The thought of Jimin just settling to end up with him because Jungkook was too dense to notice his feeling was less than ideal. He stood up and made his way over to the mini fridge that resided in the poor excuse of a kitchenette. He pulled out one of his energy drinks he had Jimin put in there.

He popped open the can, "In that case, if this date doesn't open Jungkook's eyes, we might as well just elope."

Jimin giggled softly, "I-I'm not going t-to marry you."

"Why not?" Taehyung grinned, "I'd make a great husband."

"S-Sure you would."

"I would! I'm loyal, great with kids, and I'm going to be a doctor," Taehyung's smile brightened, "You could let your inner gold digger come out."

Jimin caught himself rolling his eyes again. He fixed his hair, even if it would just get ruined later, "J-Just tell m-me I look okay."

"You look wonderful." Taehyung concluded.

"Thank y-you," Jimin smiled softly.

Taehyung plopped back down onto the bed, energy drink still in hand. He hit play on Jimin's laptop and the sound of laser guns and ships filled the room again.

🌸

Jungkook came home about five minutes later. He quickly announced that he would get dressed and they could be on their way. He had grabbed a pair of swim trunks from his closet and changed in the bathroom, checking himself over in the mirror before coming out. The two said goodbye to Taehyung, who was still watching his movie on Jimin's bed.

To Jimin's surprise, Jungkook lead them over to a car that was parked outside of their building.

"Wh-Where did you get this?"

"It's a friend's. He was in my psych class with me." Jungkook grinned, "Figured it's better than wasting money on a taxi."

Jungkook had opened Jimin's door for him, making the older blush faintly and give him a shy thank you smile.

Jungkook got in on the other side. The two boys put their seat belts on, Jungkook started the car, and they were off towards the water park in a matter of minutes.