°three°

"What can you tell me about Jungkook?"

The two weren't even in an interrogation room, yet the atmosphere still felt tense and uncomfortable.

"There are no wrong answers, just tell me anything," she added on at the end, thinking it would nullify the awkwardness just a little.

"I can only tell you business related information if that's ok?" Sejin asked, and Y/N nodded. "I'm afraid the boys know more personal things about him."

"No, that's perfectly fine," Y/N smiled, doing her best to put the poor manager at ease. "It's probably best to start small then work my way up."

Nobody could've guessed that out of everybody closest to Jungkook, Sejin was the most upset by the attempted murder.

"Well, Jungkook is the youngest member at nineteen years old, and he began training to become an idol when he was thirteen," Sejin started, and Y/N nodded as she scribbled down the information being given to her. "As you probably already know, BTS debuted four years ago, and Jungkook was only fifteen when they released their first single."

"Can you tell me a little about Jungkook's behavioural patterns when he was younger? Around the time of training?" Y/N asked softly, treating this almost as if Jungkook had been murdered and she were talking to his family.

"Well, I didn't really see much of Jungkook in the earlier days as he liked to make himself scarce," he explained, the once tense atmosphere seemingly calming down considerably. "But from what I did see of him, he was very quiet and conserved. He was also very shy around the other members since they were all older than him."

"Wow, this is great, thank you," Y/N smiled, letting out a small sigh of relief as she stood up.

"Are you sure this is all you need?" Sejin asked nervously, standing up beside her and tucking his chair in.

"For now, yeah," she nodded, shooting a sweet smile at the man. "I'll probably ask the other members a little later after I've typed all of this up."

"A little bit of advice," Sejin started, and Y/N raised her eyebrows in curiosity. "If you're going to ask one of them, I'd ask either Taehyung or Yoongi; they seem to spend a lot of time with him."

"Thank you so much," Y/N bowed and gave the man one last smile before she was off, heading to the storage room where she left her laptop so she could type this information up.

~*~

"Shit," Y/N hissed under her breath, throwing her head back in exasperation.

"What's the matter?" Jimin asked, slinging his bag over his shoulder as he looked at her.

"I was in a such a rush to get over here this morning that I forgot to book my hotel room for the next few weeks," Y/N pouted, running a hand through her hair tiredly. "I even packed a bag and everything."

"Don't worry about that, you can come stay with us!" Jimin proclaimed happily, and the detective's eyes widened a little. "It beats paying loads for an overpriced hotel room."

"A-are you sure that's ok?" Y/N asked dumbfounded, scanning the faces of the seven members - six excluding Jungkook, as she knew he wouldn't approve of the idea - for any signs of disapproval. "I don't want to feel like I'm intruding."

"Then go somewhere else," Jungkook suddenly snapped, and Yoongi slapped him again.

"Don't listen to him, of course you can stay with us!" Seokjin dismissed the maknae. "We have loads of guest rooms that no one ever uses."

"Seriously guys, thank you," Y/N smiled, noticing Jungkook wasn't in the room anymore, and stormed out when Yoongi slapped him.

"Uh, guys?" Hoseok piped in, and the others looked at him. "We have a car problem: we only have a seven seater and there's eight of us."

"No worries, I'll just get a taxi to your place," Y/N stated like it was the most obvious answer in the world, but Taehyung immediately shut her down.

"Not a chance; taxis are dangerous and it'll probably cost a lot considering how late it is now," he pointed out, and a chorus of dissatisfied noises awoke amongst the boys.

"Guys, if it's causing this much trouble, I'll just book into a B&B or something, honestly," Y/N insisted, and Taehyung laughed from next to her.

"What are you talking about? I'll walk you home."

~*~

word count: 745

in denial yikes + i wrote this when jungkook was still nineteen prepare to fight