°seventeen°

"Y/N, can I talk to you for a minute?" Jungkook poked his head round Y/N's door suddenly, and Y/N flinched upon hearing his voice.

"Of course," she answered nonetheless, and Jungkook closed the door after stepping inside the room. "What's up?"

Jungkook was never good with words, or persuasion in general. He knew he couldn't just persuade Y/N to leave just like that, he knew he had to be firm otherwise she would never give up.

"Why are you still here?" He asked all of a sudden, and Y/N looked a bit taken aback by his sudden question.

"Are you talking about why I'm still at the house or..." She drawled, and Jungkook bit his lip anxiously. "Because, I was just about to leave for work and then you came in and-"

"Why are you still trying to help me?" He elaborated, and Y/N sighed exasperatedly.

"Jungkook, we've been over this I don't know how many times," she began, and Jungkook gulped. "I'm so close to finding out who these guys are and I'm not giving up."

"You shouldn't be here, it's too dangerous," he tried to tell her but Y/N frowned at him.

"Well, who's the one that decided to take on board this case?" She asked irritably, placing her hands on her hips. "Because it certainly wasn't you. Now get out of my way, I'm going to work."

As soon as Y/N took a step towards the door, Jungkook's legs moved on their own.

He was suddenly standing in the way of the door, faced with Y/N's intense glare.

"Jungkook, move," she ordered sternly, but Jungkook shook his head.

"I'm doing this for your own safety," he tried to justify his actions, but Jungkook wasn't even buying it despite the fact that it was true. "You can't continue with this case?"

"Why not?" Y/N asked angrily. "Is there something more going on that you haven't told me?"

"No, I-" Jungkook tried to speak, but Y/N cut him off.

"Then get out of my way!" She yelled. "You're the one who wanted help, so let me help."

When Jungkook looked down at his feet in shame, Y/N seemed to put all the pieces together. Her frown fell and was replaced with a look of dry bewilderment.

"Or is that it?" She asked quietly, a huge contrast from how she was speaking just a few moments ago. "Do you even want my help?"

Jungkook didn't answer - just kept staring at his feet - and he saw Y/N raise her arms in disbelief and bring them back down to her sides while letting out an airy laugh.

"Unbelievable," she sighed out, running a hand through her hair as he picked up her briefcase from the bed. "You want to get yourself killed? Fine, just do it and leave me out of it."

He watched as she opened the door, the last thing his clouded vision seeing was her figure leaving the room, the first thing his clear vision seeing was the spot where she once stood just moments before.

The sound of the door slamming seemed to shake Jungkook back to his senses, and his mouth dropped open slightly as he whispered painfully:

"Don't go."

~*~

word count: 518

climax: reached.