°six°

She didn't see it as a possibility at first, but when Y/N looked back on some of her past cases where grooming was inevitable, she began to draw some comparisons.

The antisocial behaviour normally occurred when people around the victim were becoming suspicious.

Jungkook acted fine around the other group members because they didn't suspect a thing, but when Y/N became involved, he would act like she wasn't there.

She couldn't believe she didn't realise it before.

Should she tell the others?

No, it was too soon.

Maybe it wasn't grooming, maybe it was something else.

Running another hand through her hair, Y/N glanced at the time in the corner of her screen.

2:32AM.

Well, she knew for a fact that she wouldn't be getting to sleep with the daunting possibility of Jungkool being groomed on her mind, so she decided to go get some coffee.

Opening the door as quietly as she could, Y/N creeped downstairs, the light sound of her socked feet making contact with the laminate flooring was all she could hear as she began to make her coffee.

Closing her eyes to yawn, Y/N nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Jungkook standing at the entrance of the kitchen when she opened her eyes again.

"Oh my goodness, you scared me," she let out a light laugh as she pressed a hand to her heart.

Jungkook almost didn't recognise her at first, her tight bun from before gone and transformed into waves cascading down her shoulder.

And not to mention the change in outfit. Jungkook would've blushed at the amount of skin she was showing, but he had to remind himself that he hated Y/N.

Jungkook didn't say anything as she pushed past Y/N, causing her to sigh in irritation as she took a step back.

"I don't get it," she stated in exasperation as Jungkook picked up a glass from the cupboard above his head. "Why do you hate me so much?"

She should've known that Jungkook wouldn't answer. And she wasn't surprised.

"I'm trying my hardest here to make things less awkward, and you're not helping me," she stated, and Jungkook turned to glare at her.

"Oh, so what? Is it now my job to help you?" He asked, and Y/N frowned.

This was technically the first time she'd heard Jungkook speak properly around her.

All the other times, he would be mumbling or not speaking to her at all.

His voice was lighter than she remembered it to be, and sweet aswell. It almost sounded foreign to hear him speaking so bitterly.

"You know that's not what I meant," Y/N narrowed her eyes, and not only because she was angry but it was also dark in the kitchen and she was having trouble actually seeing Jungkook. "You could at least try to be kind to me. Even if you don't talk to me, a smile would be nice."

Jungkook scoffed, turning away from Y/N briefly to pour himself some water before turning back round and chugging the drink with a look on his face that made Y/N shiver.

She could just blame that one on her clothing.

"You're in over your head," he stated with tease etched in his voice before pushing past her for the second time on his way back upstairs.

Leaning back against the counter, Y/N ran a hand down her face, completely forgetting about her coffee and heading back upstairs.

She wanted to catch Jungkook before he slammed the door in her face, but when she reached the top of the stairs, his door was already shut.

Too drained to go back downstairs, Y/N just traipsed back to her room, deciding to finally call it a night.

~*~

word count: 634

i just finished watching bon voyage and it's made me love hoseok even more ♡