°sixteen°

"Guys, Y/N found another lead!" Seokjin yelled once he had received the message from said girl.

"That's great!" Hoseok beamed, and everyone agreed.

Everyone apart from Jungkook.

He should've been happy that Y/N was one step closer to saving his life, but all he felt was guilt and anxiety.

He didn't want Y/N to help him - he didn't want her to waste her time on this. Sure, he wasn't happy with just letting this continue but if it meant leaving her safe and out of harm's way, then Jungkook was prepared to do it.

The only problem was she didn't listen to reason and probably wouldn't leave even if he begged her to.

"Hey, what's her favourite food? Tell her we're getting take-out,"Namjoon stated, standing up and walking over to the house phone.

"Will do!" Seok exclaimed, and Jungkook's stomach churned.

~*~

Before she left, Y/N made sure to lock Jungkook's phone in the police safe the precinct owned, not trusting herself to carry it around on her person.

Seok had asked her what her favourite food was about ten minutes ago and Y/N was beginning to grow suspicious, but decided not to ask about it.

She figured they were going to celebrate Y/N finding another lead, but she hadn't even told them what the lead was yet.

In fact, it wasn't even much of a lead. Unless they considered there no longer being a website a lead, then all the more for a celebration.

Knocking on the door, Y/N waited for several seconds before the door opened, and Taehyung hugged her tightly.

"Hello to you too," she laughed, and Taehyung pulled away, letting her inside.

The coffee table in the middle of the room was set neatly with (favourite food) and chopsticks and a small stack of movies sat next to the food.

"Guys, this is stupid," she scoffed, hanging her jacket up on the coat rack behind the door. "It wasn't even much of a lead."

"Lead or not, we're now one step closer to finding out who's trying to kill our Jungkookie," Seokjin slung an arm around the maknae's shoulder and Jungkook forced a smile at the girl.

"Whatever you say, guys," she laughed, and it didn't take long for the eight of them to settle down, laughing and talking over the movie they were supposed to be watching while munching down on their takeout.

"So, give us your verdict, Y/N," Hoseok said, mouth full of (favourite food).

"Finish your food first then I'll tell you," Y/N teased and Hoseok pouted, but swallowed his food anyway. "I honestly think I may be able to find out who these guys are by the end of the week."

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," Jungkook suddenly excused himself, no longer able to fight off the sick feeling he had in the pit of his stomach.

Y/N watched him leave before she turned back round and leaned in closer to Namjoon - who was sitting next to her.

"Is he ok? He looks really pale," she asked, and Namjoon shrugged.

"I honestly don't know," he answered quietly. "He hasn't eaten anything all day so he may just not be used to eating suddenly."

Jungkook threw himself over the toilet seat and hurled the non-existent content of his stomach into the bowl, coughing and spluttering as he did so.

He could no longer contain how ill all of this made him feel.

The marks on his neck - he never had told the others were he got them from, and Jungkook couldn't imagine them staining Y/N's neck when his groomers got ahold of her.

"I don't want her to get hurt..." He sobbed quietly, bringing his fist down onto the toilet seat. "She doesn't deserve to be hurt like this."

Jungkook stayed in the bathroom for another five minutes or so when he heard a knock behind him followed by Yoongi's voice.

"Hurry up, Jungkook, you're taking forever," the older rapper huffed and Jungkook suddenly sprang to his feet.

Flushing the toilet, Jungkook cleaned himself up briefly before opening the door and walking straight past his hyung, putting on a painful smile when he re-entered the living room again.

For now, smiling painfully was all he was able to do.

~*~

word count: 687

have a great christmas, guys!