°eleven°

"What?" Namjoon took his arm off of Y/N's shoulder monetarily to rush upstairs.

"You think I'd lie about something like this?" Hoseok asked,agitated, and when Namjoon returned, the worry was painted all over his face.

"His window is open," he stated, and Seokjin picked up his phone.

The boys were all pacing around in a hurry, their voices growing louder until Seokjin told them all to shut up.

Y/N hadn't uttered a word, and when she felt a warm hand on her shoulder, she suddenly felt like she was the cause of this mess.

Why else would she turn around to see Jimin smiling at her sadly if this wasn't her fault?

She wouldn't need reassuring if she had nothing to do with this, but she did - which further proved her guilt.

"Sejin?" The oldest asked into the phone, and everything went quiet.

Jimin squeezed Y/N's shoulder and she almost spited him for taking pity on her.

"Yeah, Jungkook's gone missing," he explained and this time round, Y/N felt her stomach drop even harder than she did before. "Hope went upstairs to go get him for something and he wasn't in there, but his window was open."

The others heard Sejin's muffled voice on the other line but couldn't make out what he was saying. Well, whatever it was, Seokjin was agreeing completely.

"Ok, thank you," he concluded before hanging up and turning back to look at the other members. "Sejin told us not to leave this house until they find Jungkook. Him and a few other members of staff are going to go look for him."

'Perfect,' Y/N thought to herself, grabbing her phone off of the kitchen counter and making her way towards the door.

"Hey, where are you going?" Taehyung asked a little loudly, following her.

"Sejin said you guys can't leave but he didn't say anything about me," she answered simply, her gaze stern. "I'm going to help find him."

"Hang on a minute," Hoseok jogged forward so he was standing next to Taehyung. "Just think this through for a second; do you really think it's a good idea to go alone?"

"What other choice do I have?" Y/N asked exasperatedly, not even trying to blink back the tears filling her eyes. "It's my job to make sure Jungkook is protected and I couldn't even do that much!"

"What do you plan on doing?" Yoongi asked with a strong frown, his eyes lidded more than usual. "You're going to wander the street calling 'here, Jungkook!'?"

"No, I-" She tried to argue but Yoongi cut her off.

"You've done this much for him and if he wants to throw that all away, then that's his choice," the male shrugged and Y/N shook her head.

"But I can't let him do that!" She exclaimed, turning around to leave when a hand reached out in front of her and grabbed the door handle before she could.

Looking over her shoulder, Y/N saw Seokjin looking down at her with a small smile on his face.

Before she had a chance to say anything, his arms were around her waist, lifting her up from the ground and carrying her over to the couch, near enough throwing her down on it before he sat down next to her and hugged her warmly.

A fresh layer of tears filled her eyes as she hugged him back, finally crying into his shoulder.

Nobody dared to say anything, and seeing someone as strong-willed as Y/N in tears really made them feel the guilt too.

"I have to do something," she cried, her voice muffled by the fabric of Seokjin's t-shirt. "If Jungkook gets injured or killed, I'll be the one to blame."

"Y/N-" Jimin began but she kept talking.

"I don't want to be the one who has to tell the fans or his family that their beloved Jungkook is gone, I can't do that!" She bawled, and Seok rubbed her back up and down and in circles. "I want to solve this case but all I can do now is sit around and wait, and I hate it!"

"No one will blame you for this, I promise," Namjoon said from behind the couch, leaning down to squeeze Y/N's shoulder the way Jimin did before. "You would've done all you could, and that's more than we deserve considering how poorly Jungkook's treated you."

"Yeah, you've done a great job so far so don't think about the negative things," Jimin finally got his word in. "After all of this is solved, we're definitely taking you on tour with us."

Y/N didn't want to think of the negatives, but being a detective was all about weighing out the possibilities and right now all she could see for her and Jungkook was a future filled with negative possibilities and happenings.

~*~

word count: 773

useless chapter ftw.