°epilogue°

"This doesn't feel right," Jungkook complained, brows knitted tightly into a frown on his forehead.

"What doesn't feel right?" Y/N asked, looking over at him as the two made their way back to the house.

"Shouldn't I be the one protecting you? Not the other way around?" The boy asked, and Y/N raised an eyebrow at him with a smirk.

"What? You don't like the thought of a woman being stronger than you?" She decided to tease, causing Jungkook's frown to deepen.

"I'm pretty strong too," he said in defense and Y/N let a breathy laugh slip through her nose as she focused on the path ahead.

Jungkook pulled his keys out of his hoodie pocket and made quick work of unlocking the door, tossing his keys on the chest of drawers behind the door with everyone else's.

"We're back!" Jungkook called out monotonously into the house and Hoseok's voice could immediately be heard.

"Welcome back!" He screamed from the living room, causing Yoongi to slap him as he told him to shut up, followed by Hoseok yelping in pain.

Y/N smiled at the sound, whereas Jungkook rolled his eyes like he'd heard it plenty of times - which he had.

As the two ventured further into the house, Y/N's nose perked up at the smell of something cooking and it was now her turn to frown.

"I thought it was my turn to cook," she said as she entered the living room, where Seokjin was standing behind the kitchen counter, busy cooking.

"Yeah? Well, this is your punishment for not taking your crutches with you," Seokjin scolded, and Y/N felt her shoulders slump. "Jungkook, why didn't you say anything?"

"Hyung, do you really think she'll listen to me? It's very clear that she has better judgement than I do so why fight it?" Jungkook replied, sitting down on the couch next to Jimin.

"You're such a loser," the black-haired 95-er laughed, playfully shoving Jungkook's arm.

"Y/N, next time, take your crutches, those are the only way you'll get better, trust me," Seokjin sighed, returning to cooking after Y/N replied very reluctantly.

She headed up the stairs, eager to put on something that didn't feel as constricting as her shirt and jeans.

Slipping into one of Jungkook's t-shirts and a pair of shorts, Y/N took her hair out of her ponytail, not even bothering to brush it out before she flung herself onto the bed.

Being a bodyguard for BTS wasn't all that bad. Sure, she had to basically follow them wherever they went but at least she got to stay in their house without paying rent since they already had that covered.

Her leg still ached from being shot - even thought it was over a month ago that it happened - and now Y/N really wished she had taken her crutches out with her.

Before she even had a chance to stop herself, Y/N was fast asleep on top of the covers, her back facing the door as her chest heaved up and down with every breath.

She didn't even hear when Jungkook knocked on the door and called out to her.

"Noona?" He asked again, opening the door ajar to see his girlfriend laying on her bed neatly.

He smiled to himself, suddenly turning soft at the sight of Y/N in her lazy attire as he shut the door softly behind him and made his way to the edge of the bed.

"Hey, Y/N," he said softly, placing a hand on her hip as he shook her slightly, leaning down to place his lips against her ear, teasingly blowing into it.