°twenty°

"Have you guys got everything you need?" Y/N checked one last time, slipping her bulletproof vest on over her shirt and tucking her gun into her belt.

She had never been put in charge of a squad before and, to be honest, it did make her feel more important than she did at normal work.

She was assigned five extra officers for backup and had been informed of their names but had already forgotten their names.

There were two other women, one with a brown bob-cut and light porcelain skin, the other a little taller with jet black hair pulled back into a bun.

The other three were all men, the tallest one with dirty blonde hair and really distracting gorgeous brown eyes, one a little shorter than the first man with dark red hair and a bottom lip piercing and the shortest one - who was Y/N's personal favourite - was always smiling and had brown, semi-spiked hair and large wondrous eyes.

She figured this was his first mission and was excited to arrest some criminals, but Y/N had advised him to stay quiet and follow her lead.

All five officers nodded in unison, the brown-haired man even letting out a happy 'yes!' when she asked them.

Y/N nodded herself before grabbing Jungkook's phone from the small table in the corner of the prep room and texting the unsaved number, telling them that she was on her way and obviously pretending to be Jungkook.

"Oh, and you don't tell Leehyun I still have Jungkook's phone, he thinks I gave it back yesterday," she added on at the end, and made sure every one of them agreed before slipping the phone into her back pocket. "Right then, let's go."

The drive to the park was pretty simple, and Y/N was so glad her superior had landed her with one of their undercover cars so they wouldn't be recognised.

She'd gone through the plan and made the others repeat it to her just to make sure they were listening, and by the time she was certain that everything was going to run smoothly, she had already pulled up outside the park gates.

The six of them filed out quickly and quietly, staying confined to trees and dark areas of the park until they were in the spot where Y/N had arranged to meet them.

Luckily for them, trees were surrounding the area around the metal containers and all six of the officers hid behind different ones, all apart from the one officer Y/N favoured who she now learnt his name was Ryan, who hid behind the same one as Y/N.

"Are you sure this will work?" He whispered, and Y/N lifted her gun out from her belt pouch.

"Don't go putting doubts in my mind, Private," she half-teased, half-warned. "The worst that can happen is we don't catch them and they get away...and we'll probably all get fired."

Ryan inhaled sharply, pressing his gun against his chest.

"Geez, I just got this job, I really don't want to lose it," he said more to himself than anybody else.

"Then listen to me and don't screw this up," Y/N smiled at him and Ryan chuckled nervously, feeling intimidated by his superior.

A few more minutes of waiting and the men arrived.

Not very flashily but they still arrived.

They looked around for a few seconds, talking to eachother about nonsensical things that Y/N didn't really care about as they weren't related to the case, but when she heard Jungkook's name make it into the mix, she was suddenly more than intrigued.

She'd noted that his name came out as more of an exclamation rather than anything else.

And Y/N swore she felt a vein pop in her forehead when she saw Jungkook, approaching the men cautiously.

"That son of a-" Y/N hissed quietly, closing her eyes and clenching her gun so hard that her knuckles turned white. "What is he doing here?"

"Well done for getting here on time," one of them patted Jungkook on the back rather harshly as the other smiled maliciously.

"For Christ's sake," she muttered under her breath, raising her hand and giving the other five the signal to move out. "Police, you're under arrest!"

Jungkook himself looked surprised when he saw the six officers suddenly appear from behind the shadows, but even more so when one of the men grabbed him by the arm and pulled out a gun, pressing the barrel to Jungkook's temple.

Upon instinct, Y/N pointed her own gun at the men, inching ever so close to them.

"Put your weapon down or I will not hesitate to shoot," she ordered and Jungkook inhaled sharply.

"Y/N, don't-" He began to beg but Y/N shot him the dirtiest look which made him shut up.

"You shut up," she spat at Jungkook. "You don't get a say in what happens."

"No, you don't understand, they'll-" Jungkook began again but was cut off by the sound of a gun being fired, and Y/N letting out a scream of pain, her leg buckling underneath her as she fell to her knees on the dusty grass beneath her.

Without hesitation, Y/N raised her gun and shot both men, one in the arm and the other in the chest.

One of them fell to the ground while the other one let go of Jungkook, scampering off hurriedly into the woods.

"After him, quickly!" Y/N ordered, teeth gritted as she clutched her leg.

"But your leg-" Ryan began but Y/N cut him off.

"I said after him!" She yelled, and the five of them nodded, taking off in a sprint after the man who was still alive.

Jungkook stood still for a few seconds before he realised just how lucky he was and crouched down next to Y/N.

"I- I-," he fumbled over his words, not quite knowing what to say or how to say it.

"Call an ambulance," she muttered, gritting her teeth in pain before handing Jungkook his phone.

Jungkook did as he was told, all the while his heart pounding as he named the address of the park, his eyes never leaving Y/N's face, slowly turning pale.

~*~

word count: 999

owo what a number - and this was poorly written, blame me.