°eight°

"Uwah! Y/N is cooking something!"

Y/N let a smile graze her face as the boys burst through the front door, sweaty and breathing heavily.

Jungkook thought about disappearing upstairs and not eating until everyone went to bed, but what Sejin had said to him before seemed to stick in his head.

It was true that Y/N was making Jungkook's life a little easier, and he honestly felt a little bad that he wasn't doing the same for her.

He didn't even think before doing so, and Jungkook was already standing in front of Y/N, the rest of the group watching intently like he was going to hit her.

"Do you need any help?" He asked quietly, shyly, and looking at the ground as if he couldn't face her.

Y/N smiled and shook her head, the movement causing Jungkook to look up at her in alarm.

"No, it's ok," she smiled warmly. "You've all worked hard today so let me make dinner for you."

Jungkook stared at her for a little while before nodding stiffly and walking over to one of the couches, flinging himself down on its soft surface and letting out a long, relaxed sigh.

While the other members were busy taking their shoes off, going in the shower, going to sleep, etc. - Seokjin sat himself down next to Jungkook, slinging an arm over the backrest of the couch and looking over at the younger boy.

"What's gotten into you all of a sudden?" He asked, and Jungkook gave him a tired look before sighing again.

"Sejin told me I should be nicer to her," Jungkook answered quietly, and Seokjin scoffed.

"We've been telling you to be nice to her since she arrived," he laughed, and Jungkook bit back his own laughter. "Why do you listen to Sejin and not us?"

"Manager-hyung is scary," he said quietly, failing to hold in his laughter.

Jungkook could smile and laugh easily like this, with his friends, but when he was alone, it was like he was stuck in his own dark little bubble.

He wanted to be able to do more of this: laugh and have fun with his friends, but he had certain rules and boundaries he was forced to live by - and those weren't set by his managers or friends, or even himself.

Sejin wasn't the only reason why Jungkook was suddenly being nice to Y/N.

He needed help.

~*~

Unsaved number
Jungkook?

Jungkook didn't dare pick up the phone when it pinged next to him.

His head hurt from gripping his hair too hard and all he wanted was for all of this to end.

Inaudible sobs wracked through his body as he shook back and forth on the edge of his bed.

Jungkook had grown quite good at crying silently, and even Taehyung, who had a room right next to his, could never tell when the maknae was crying.

Unsaved number
Come on, Kookie, don't ignore me.

Jungkook hesitantly picked up the phone, staring at his locksreen and the messages displayed on it before swiping up and unlocking the device.

His hands trembled as he typed back a distant reply.

Me
what do you want?

He liked to think he sounded tough like that, but he knew just as well as the person on the other end probably did, that he was terrified.

Unsaved number
Aww, don't be like that, Kookie. We've got a proposition for you. You free tomorrow?

Me
no

Jungkook knew what 'a proposition' meant, and he didn't want to do it anymore.

He wanted to go crying to Y/N, begging her for her help but he was too afraid of what would happen to him if he did.

That was it. Jungkook was terrified.

Unsaved number
That's a shame.

Unsaved number
Don't bail out on us now, Kookie.

Unsaved number
You better hope that you really are busy tomorrow sunshine.

Unsaved number
Ciao.

~*~

word count: 643

too soon part. 2?