°four°

"I feel really bad for you having to do this," Y/N cringed as Taehyung helped her with her suitcase, eventually taking the heavy luggage altogether.

"Well, don't," Taehyung chuckled, stuffing his empty hand into his jean pocket. "This is the least I can do to make up for Jungkook's behaviour."

"I'm not really bothered about that," she shook her head. "He's probably finding it hard to adjust with everything that's happening right now."

"Even so," Tae interjected. "I've never seen him act so bitterly towards someone before. If you were a fan, I'm sure it'd be a completely different story."

"I honestly don't blame him," Y/N admitted, and Taehyung looked down at her in surprise. "He might just see detectives as pushovers. I know I did when I was younger."

Taehyung didn't say anything in response, but simply hummed in somewhat agreement as his eyes focused on the dimly lit street in front of them.

"But, enough about that," Y/N suddenly spoke up. "If Jungkook wants to hate me, then let him. What I really need to ask you about is his personal life - nothing too in depth, just something that would scrape the surface."

"Of course," Taehyung replied, and Y/N sighed in relief.

She hated this part of her job; it made her feel like she was just being nosey.

"Ok," she breathed out, grabbing her phone from her pocket and opened up a memo in her notes app. "Can you just tell me how Jungkook normally acts around you guys and fans?"

"Well, he's quite outgoing around us," Tae began, and Y/N nodded. "He sometimes likes to get things done quickly, so he'll normally take charge during practice or while doing chores, but other than that, he can be quite mischievous too."

"And, around fans?"

"He loves his fans," Taehyung chuckled. "He's always starting up conversations with them at meet-and-greets, getting to know them. But, he hates it when they call him 'oppa'."

"Great," Y/N concluded, typing the last point before beginning again. "Now, I need to get the really obvious question out of the way: is there anyone you know who would want to kill him?"

Taehyung thought for a second before answering.

"Not anyone that I know, but I presume you've heard of sasaeng fans?" Y/N nodded. "Well, they were trying to kill Jimin so we had to cancel one of our tours. But I don't think it's them because this person actually managed an attempted murder.

"It was a sniper at our last show, and all of our next concerts have been put on hold until further notice. Whoever tried this one obviously isn't very keen on media coverage and headlines."

"Ok," Y/N said quietly, more focused on what she was typing than her reply. "And, the last question: have you noticed anything...strange about Jungkook recently?"

"Hmm..." Taehyung looked up in thought. "Well, if I had to pick something, I would say that he's been on his phone a lot lately - more than usual."

~*~

word count: 483

jeez, i hate this book so far.