°fifteen°

Eyes lidded and finger flexing over the scroll button, Y/N let out a loud yawn.

She was close to giving up for now, as she had had no luck in tracing the texts on Jungkook's phone back to their sender and nothing she looked up on the internet seemed to be helping her.

Letting out an irritated groan, Y/N rest her head in her hands, her fingers digging into her scalp, trying to - hopefully - relieve some of the stress she felt.

Just as she was about to continue, her phone pinged from next to her, and Y/N cursed herself for forgetting to put it on silent.

Picking up her phone, Y/N couldn't help but smile when she saw Seokjin's contact appear on her lock screen.

Opening up the message, Y/N's eyes scanned the text and her smile fell into one of sympathy.

'Sorry to disturb you at work, but Jungkook is still out of it and we don't know what to do with him,' the message read and Y/N found herself replying faster than she expected herself to.

'Try to do something other than practicing,' she texted back at first. 'Take a quick break and do something Jungkook likes; that might help.'

Y/N didn't know if this was because Jungkook actually wanted something done about this, but the young detective often found herself worrying about the boy more often than not.

Now that she had seen his more vulnerable side, Y/N felt like she had to preserve that. Even if he did have the others to help him through this, most of Jungkook's emotions and feelings were riding on whether or not Y/N could actually solve this case.

And the thought of her failing and putting Jungkook's life in even more danger terrified her.

'He keeps apologising even though we've told him over and over again that it's not his fault,' Seokjin replied, and Y/N smiled.

'Just keep reminding him that then,' she said and waited for a few minutes before Seokjin texted her back.

'Aish, he's crying now so I need to go now. Good luck on your findings!' He ended the conversation and Y/N put her phone back down, making sure to put it on silent this time.

It was so hard for her to concentrate on what she was trying to find when Seokjin had just put the image of Jungkook crying again in her mind.

This was bad, she knew, but this was what she signed up for when she became a detective.

"L/N!" A man suddenly called, and Y/N's head whipped up from her computer screen to look over at her superior, Kim Leehyun, who was standing just outside his office.

He tilted his head towards said office, meaning he wanted to see her in there toot sweet, and Y/N gulped before standing up and following him into his office.

"Is something wrong, sir?" She asked, and Leehyun didn't beckon for her to sit down, meaning this was only going to be quick, meaning she wasn't going to be fired, as Y/N liked to think.

"Everything's fine, I just wanted to go over some new information I've found regarding your Jeon Jungkook case," he answered, and Y/N frowned in response.

"You found new info?" She asked in shock. "Where?"

"Our men conducted a little field trip around Seoul yesterday and asked around a little," he answered. "Since you've been busy tending to Jungkook personally recently, we saw it fit to gather information from other sources."

Y/N couldn't stop smiling.

All this time, she thought she could get everything from either Jungkook or the internet, but she never considered asking the public - they would know better than anyone!

"Sir, I could kiss you right now," she squealed and her superior raised an eyebrow at her.

"Please don't," he sighed and Y/N nodded, feeling immensely embarrassed and even more so stupid. "But all we were able to find out is that they weren't a very well known group a few years ago, but since they began targeting idols, the number of members has increased worryingly."

"Did you find out the name of this group?" Y/N asked hopefully, but Leehyun shook his head.

"Sadly no, but we did find out that their website disbanded when they began targeting idols to avoid publicity, and no one seems to remember the web address or any form of tracing the website back," he answered and Y/N nodded.

"This is great sir, thanks," she bowed down and Leehyun nodded in response.

Leaving the office, Y/N's smile returned to her face as she texted Seok again, not caring is her superior saw her or not.

'We have another lead, my friend'. 

~*~

word count: 799

progress yo