°twelve°

"Damn," Jungkook cursed himself as rain spat down on him from above.

He realised wearing only a hoodie over his - already sweaty - clothes from practice that day wasn't a good idea, but it was more than too late for him to go back now.

He may have been able to jump out of the window, but there was no chance he'd ever be able to get up there again.

Hands stuffed deep into his pockets, Jungkook watched as his feet stepped in puddles left and right, soaking his trainers and his socks as well.

He managed to catch a glimpse of his face in a few of the puddles on the ground illuminated by the dim glare of street lights, and the person looking back at Jungkook disgusted him.

He hated himself.

His brown eyes were slits bored into his skull, lips open partially and dripping with the rainwater that fell down his face like tears.

His clear, porcelain skin was pale, and dark bags had began to form underneath his eyes, something that only happened to Jungkook when he was sick.

But he was sick - sick of himself.

How stupid of him to walk out on the only option left for him.

He wanted Y/N's help, he really did, but he wasn't physically able to approach her after how he's treated her.

His hyungs would surely tease him for asking her to help him, and that was why he couldn't ask.

His stupid pride wouldn't let him.

He also couldn't face the others - especially not after how he'd snapped at them earlier.

They were only trying to help for Christ's sake! They were worried about him, just like any group of best friends would.

Some shitty friend Jungkook turned out to be.

Just as he was about to turn around and head back, Jungkook felt a strong hand grab his upper arm from the alleyway he stopped in front of, digging their fingers into his arm as they yanked him forcefully into the alley.

He didn't have a chance to scream, as his mouth was covered by a gloved hand as soon as he had a chance to think.

Jungkook's back hit the wall hard, old debris crumbling under his touch as he opened his eyes to see two masked men in front of him.

Jungkook knew who they were immediately, but that didn't mean he was any less terrified.

In fact, knowing who they were terrified him even more.

"What happened to being busy today, Kookie?" One of them hissed in a low voice, causing Jungkook to tremble under their grasp.

"I-" Jungkook started, when the other man placed his hand right over Jungkook's neck, his words being interrupted by a chorus of gags and failed inhales.

"You don't get to speak yet," the first man spat, and Jungkook flinched away from him despite his face being masked. "We thought you were busy today, since you turned down our little invite yesterday."

Jungkook squeaked out in reply, his mouth opening and closing in alarm as he tried to speak, his face beginning to turn purple around the edges.

The second man's grip on his neck loosened and Jungkook doubled over, coughing like there was no tomorrow. He was a little worried he would end up coughing up his lungs, but it was nice to finally be able to breathe again.

"Well?" The first man growled, backing Jungkook up onto the wall again.

"I had practice this morning," Jungkook gasped, his hazy vision causing his pupils to shake. "We just finished around fifteen minutes ago."

"So why are you out here alone, then?" The second man asked, his voice just as deep and menacing as the first man's one. "Shouldn't you be at home with you hyungs?"

"We had a fight today at practice," Jungkook answered immediately, the evil tone etched in the man's voice bringing on a certain protective side in the maknae. "We went home together but I jumped out of the window so they wouldn't notice I was gone."

"Oh?" The first man said, and Jungkook gulped, nodding. "Did you hurt yourself? We wouldn't you to damage that...perfect idol body."

Jungkook cringed at the way he spoke, malice leaking from his lips with every word he whispered.

"I'm fine," Jungkook near enough spat, but the men didn't seem to mind.

"You didn't let it slip about us, did you?" The second man asked, leaning in closer to intimidate Jungkook - and intimidate it did.

Jungkook shook his head like his life depended on it, and the two men took a step back from the boy in unison.

"Good, because you know what will happen if they find out about us, right?" The first man reminded Jungkook, and the boy nodded again. "And as for that detective friend of yours...she must be a pretty little thing, and I'm sure you wouldn't want her life to end early either, would you?"

Jungkook shook his head, unable to even think up words to say to his captors.

"Excellent," the first man sighed, and Jungkook stared at them in silence. "Now get out of here."

Jungkook had never ran so fast in his life, and he didn't stop until he reached the house, not even when he felt his lungs burning like they were about to burst.

Fear overtook his body when he found the front door to be unlocked. He thought for a split second that the men had already found the others, but they just kept it unlocked in case Jungkook decided to come back - since he forgot his key.

Opening the door slowly, Jungkook peered inside first before stepping in and closing the door behind him, only to be struck by a pair of arms behind him as he was closing the door.

He heard whimpering sniffles and knew it was Y/N, though he never imagined her to be crying over him.

He was hesitant to, but Jungkook did hug her back, the others beginning to pile downstairs upon hearing the girl's sobs.

They all glared at him as Hoseok stepped forward and pulled Y/N off of the maknae's chest, hugging her himself while Jimin took a step towards Jungkook, his eyes immediately latching onto the boy's neck.

"Who gave you those hand marks?" Jimin asked, his eyebrows creased thoroughly and Jungkook visibly gulped.

"I..." He started, scanning the disappointed faces of his hyungs. "I need to tell you something."

"We know," Taehyung huffed, arms folded across his chest.

"What?" Jungkook let out an airy breath as Taehyung closed his eyes, almost as if he hated saying this.

"We know you're being groomed."

~*~

word count: 1112

ok this is my favourite chapter so far.