°nine°

"Here, take this," Y/N whispered, handing Namjoon a small square piece of paper, Namjoon taking a few seconds to examine it before he looked up at her quizzically.

"What's this?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Y/N sighed, running a hand through her hair as she peered over Namjoon's shoulder, making sure the others weren't watching or remotely interested in what they were talking about.

"You can't tell anyone about this - not even your own mother," she warned, her voice quiet but firm.

Namjoon nodded and Y/N leant in a bit closer so no one would hear them for sure.

"I think Jungkook may be being groomed," she whispered, and she felt Namjoon flinch away from her before she pulled him back. "It's not for sure, but this is what I've gathered so far from Sejin and V-- Taehyung.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure yet which is why I need you to take this list and keep an eye on Jungkook. If he does any of the things on this list or acts like how any of the notes describe, cross them off and give this back to me when you get back, ok?"

Namjoon was overwhelmed but he nodded. This was serious, and he knew he couldn't mess this up. Jungkook's life was on the line here.

"Thank you," she sighed out in relief before pulling back and letting out a loud yawn, causing Namjoon to chuckle.

"No problem, now go to sleep. It's a little more than obvious that you were up all night," he said, and Y/N smiled tiredly.

"Ok, ok, I will," she nodded, turning away from the man and making her way upstairs.

She didn't bother saying goodbye to the other members, as Jungkook would probably stare her down if she did. Plus, she was extremely tired and hoped the others understood her situation.

Flinging herself down onto the double bed, Y/N closed her eyes and thought for a while.

What would she do if Jungkook was being groomed? It's not like he would ever tell her if he hasn't even told the other members yet. But if he was, how would she know?

Jungkook would never give her his phone of his own accord, but ever since yesterday, he seemed to be more willing to approach her and ask her if she needed help.

Maybe it was a sign?

"Yeah, right," Y/N scoffed to herself, turning over onto her side. "Sejin probably just told him to be nice."

But even as she said that, Y/N couldn't shake off the feeling that something more was hidden behind those dark brown eyes of his.

~*~

Panting heavily, Jungkook doubled over, resting his hands on his knees as he wiped the sweat from his forehead with his arm.

The other members all exchanged looks of somewhat worry, like they were mutely asking each other what to do.

Namjoon finally decided to take action, stepping forward and placing a hand on Jungkook's back, hesitating before rubbing small circles on it.

"Hey, are you ok, Jungkook?" He asked, bending down so he was at Jungkook's level. "You've been pushing yourself lately and you look really pale. Do you need to sit down?"

He tried to look at the boy's face, but his eyes were clouded by exhaustion and his hair was blocking half of his anyway as it fell over his eyes.

"I'm fine," he wheezed, shrugging Namjoon's hand off of him before standing up straight.

Namjoon was right: he did look pale.

In fact, Jungkook looked more than pale. He looked sick.

Barrels of sweat rolled down his forehead, much more than what he should be sweating, dark circles under his eyes indicated a lack of sleep, and Jungkook definitely looked skinnier than usual.

"Are you sure? You don't look fine," Hoseok tried reaching out to the boy, but Jungkook recoiled away from his touch, his brown eyes now widening as he scanned the concerned faces of the other members.

"I said I'm fine!" He yelled, his voice bouncing off of the walls as his echo shortened to nothing.

Jungkook turned away from his hyungs and Namjoon took this an opportunity to check the list Y/N had gave him.

And sure enough, he saw the words 'aggression' and 'short-temper' scribbled on the paper, and Namjoon swallowed a shaky breath.

This was serious.

~*~

word count: 694

ok things are actually starting to shape up here i'm proud.

also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Purple_Alfonzo !!!