°ten°

Doors were slamming left and right before Y/N even got the chance to turn around, and when she did, she wasn't surprised to not see Jungkook standing with his hyungs.

They all looked drained and disheartened, but Namjoon looked the worst.

"What happened?" She asked, putting the spatula she was holding down onto the kitchen counter and hurrying to take off her apron.

No one dared to answer at first, but Namjoon soon stepped forward and handed Y/N the list she had given him earlier, only this time almost all of the points were crossed off - with the exception of two minor ones.

Y/N's eyes scanned the sheet of paper in horror before she finally looked up at Namjoon.

The look on his face showed Y/N clearly that something was wrong, and she was even a little glad that she'd given the list to Namjoon when she did, otherwise she might have been a bit late.

"What's going on here?" Yoongi's stern voice tore her eyes away from the taller male in front of her and over to the five other clueless boys still standing by the door.

Namjoon stepped away from Y/N to give her a chance to explain herself, as God knows she needed to.

"This was only a hunch before now," she began, her voice hushed to prevent Jungkook from hearing her. He probably wasn't even listening. "But I think Jungkook may be being groomed."

She watched as their faces twisted in a mix of horror and shock, and suddenly Y/N felt sick.

She didn't want to be there, bearing the responsibility of telling them this.

She'd never had to tell anyone that someone had died before, but she had a strong feeling that this is what it would feel like.

"Why did you only tell Namjoon-hyung?" Taehyung was the first one to speak, his gaze screaming hatred and voice full of anger, despite speaking quietly. "Don't you think all of us had a right to know?"

"Of course I did, I was just unsure of whether Jungkook was one hundred percent being groomed, so I gave Namjoon a list of signs for him to look out for. I didn't tell all of you because you would all worry and Jungkook would definitely notice," Y/N answered, and everyone's glares seemed to soften up a little.

"So what do we do now?" Jimin asked in an effort to break the silence that followed, looking up at the others.

"I..." Y/N started, looking down at her feet. "I don't know. Maybe I could-"

"Y/N," Yoongi cut her off, causing her to look up at his stone cold face. "We can do something about this, not just you. Sure, we may not be detectives but we are Jungkook's best friends. We know him better than anybody else, and we can help you."

"Hyung is right," Hoseok nodded in agreement. "We're not just going to sit back and watch you struggle on your own."

"I think we should all sit down and talk about this," Seokjin suggested, and everyone looked at him. "You probably want Jungkook's phone to clarify whether or not he really is being groomed, and he's more likely to hand it over if we persuade him."

Y/N nodded, and Hoseok separated from the group to make his way to the stairs.

"I'll go get him," he stated before dashing up the stairs.

Y/N sighed out as she ran a hand down her face, massaging her temples with her fore and middle finger.

Namjoon wrapped an arm around her shoulder in support, as his way of telling her she did the right thing. But Y/N still felt like she'd jumped to conclusions.

If Jungkook wasn't being groomed, then what would she do? She hadn't focused on anything apart from the possibility that he could be a victim of grooming, so if that wasn't the case, then where would she be?

"Guys we have a problem," Hoseok panted, suddenly appearing at the bottom of the stairs.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked, and Y/N felt her heart drop to her feet at his answer.

"It's Jungkook," he said. "He's gone."

~*~

word count: 703

hyped oops.