°thirteen°

"What?" Jungkook barely whispered, the shock in his system evident through the wideness of hie eyes.

"We know," Jimin repeated, and Jungkook felt his bottom lip quiver.

All of this resisting? Lying? And they knew?

Jungkook - nor anyone - had a chance to say anything before tears quickly clouded his vision, seemingly falling down his face like waterfalls.

Jungkook crying was a rare sight and when Seokjin stepped forward to hug him, that was when Jungkook broke.

Wracked sobs escaped his lips as he clung to the fabric of his hyung's shirt, bawling into his shoulder while the older man rubbed his back in circles.

Seeing Y/N cry was enough, but Jungkook crying alerted the other members of the severity of the situation, and they suddenly all felt bad for the maknae.

Seokjin did a great job of calming him down, and so did Hoseok with Y/N, both shushing them until they were calm.

Jungkook turned to look at Y/N, who was shaking life a leaf, her face red and cheeks stained with dry tears.

He blinked his bloodshot eyes and as his lips trembled again, he spoke.

"I'm sorry."

And as if on cue, the two were hugging eachother, their tears staining eachother's clothes as they clung onto eachother for dear life.

No one wanted to interrupt the moment, but someone had to.

This had to be talked about above anything else.

"Jungkook," Yoongi took a step forward, placing a hand on Y/N's back and the other hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

Like they knew what was coming, the two teary-eyed adults pulled away from eachother, wiping their eyes on their sleeves and hands as they tried to compose themselves.

Y/N nodded to herself, sort of like a reminder, as she ran upstairs to grab her notebook quickly before she returned, the evidence that she had been crying still clearly remaining on her face.

"I need to ask you some questions now if that's ok," Y/N stated quietly, looking over at Jungkook for approval.

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah, ok."

The eight of them all sat on the three couches around the coffee table, no one really knowing where or how to start. They thought they'd leave it to Y/N since she was the detective.

"Do you know how long this has been going on for?" She asked, breaking the silence but only by a bit, thanks to her quiet voice. "How it happened?"

"It started around two years ago," Jungkook answered, looking down at his hands. "I remember I was stressed out about balancing college and BTS, so I asked on a website about ways to relieve stress. That's when they began to talk to me and said they could help me if I gave them my number."

"'They'?" Taehyung questioned with a raised eyebrow. "There's more than one?"

"Two," Jungkook nodded and Taehyung looked down at his feet, not wanting to say anymore. "They kept saying they could send me links and such to help me, and I couldn't say no. So I gave them my number and that was that."

Y/N nodded, jotting down notes in her notebook before looking back up at Jungkook.

"Can you tell me what they look like? Sound like? Their body structure?" She asked, and Jungkook gulped.

"I can't tell you what they look like because they always wear masks--"

"That makes sense," Namjoon muttered to himself.

"--but they both sound like they're in their forties or fifties - both men - and one is quite tall, the other is around Yoongi-hyung's height," he continued and Y/N nodded while writing these points down.

"I'll need to take these notes down to the station tomorrow to create a database on this case and hopefully I can find out more about these guys," she explained, and the six of them nodded - apart from Jungkook. "Do you remember what website this was or their usernames?"

"No," Jungkook admitted shamefully, clenching his eyes shut. "But can I ask...why are you doing all this for me? All I've done since you've gotten here is treat you like shit, so why are you still here?"

"I may be doing this for you, Jungkook, but I'm also doing this for your friends, family and your fans," Y/N answered. "I refuse to give up and let everyone who cares about you potentially lose you just like that."

~*~

word count: 702

i have nothing to say here so hello.