°five°

As soon as the two were in the house, Y/N was digging into her bag in search of her laptop.

"Ooh, I think our detective has found something!" Hoseok cheered and Y/N couldn't help but smile as she sat down next to Yoongi.

"Not really," she replied, pulling her phone out from her back pocket. "I just need to copy up these notes onto my laptop before I forget."

"What have you got?" Yoongi asked, leaning over and peering over Y/N's shoulder.

"Just some stuff Sejin and V told me," she answered, and Namjoon sighed.

"That's great and all, but I thought I told you to call us by our first names," he reminded and Y/N chuckled.

"Sorry," she shook her head and Seokjin smiled.

"Is it ok for us to call you Y/N?" He asked while Y/N was typing in the password to her laptop.

"I thought you guys were doing that already," she raised an eyebrow as the boys exchanged glances before they shrugged.

Opening up a word document, Y/N immediately started tapping away on the laptop keys and Jimin hated to interrupt her.

She seemed like someone who'd get really frustrated by distractions; all the more reason to ask her now rather than later.

"Uh, Y/N?" He piped up, and Y/N hummed in reply without looking away from her screen. "I think it'll be better to show you to your room, being down here with us might be a distraction."

"That would probably be a lot better, thanks," she smiled, picking up her laptop bag while Jimin took her luggage.

Along the way, the both of them noticed Jungkook's door was closed - well, Jimin noticed and Y/N just presumed it was Jungkook's room as he wasn't downstairs with the others.

"Make sure you don't work too hard," Jimin reminded her as he placed her bag onto the double bed. "There's no rush since our concerts have been cancelled for the next few months."

"Ah, jeez," Y/N sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "That makes me want to get this done even faster; your fans must be devastated."

"They'll definitely understand, trust me," Jimin chuckled, taking his cap off to run a hand through his hair before putting it back on. "Maknae's safety above everything else, right?"

"I guess," Y/N smiled, and Jimin stepped out of the room.

"Right, I'll leave you to it then," he stated, a hand on the door handle. "Goodnight."

"Night," Y/N replied before he shut the door.

Y/N let her shoulders slump as she trudged over to the dressing table in the corner of the room, taking her hair out of the tight bun it had been concealed in all day.

Letting her hair fall sloppily over her shoulders, Y/N changed out of her suit and slipped on a pair of pyjama shorts plus a plain white vest top, taking her seat at the desk next to the door and getting back to typing.

She opened a tab and searched for any unusual behavioural changes that may link back to Jungkook's actions, and her eyes skimmed over the results.

Mood swings, menstrual cycle, puberty, grooming...

None of those seemed accurate enough for Jungkook's case, as he was treating the boys the same way he always did according to Taehyung and Sejin. It was just her that Jungkook treated differently.

Y/N cleared her search bar and attempted a different approach.

'Teenagers attached to their phones,' she typed even though Jungkook technically wasn't a teenager, hoping she would get something useful.

Antisocial behaviour, media influence, grooming...

This time, Y/N didn't ignore the word as it had appeared twice now under both searches.

She shook her head in disbelief, taking a second to run a hand through her hair out of stress.

Was Jungkook being groomed?

~*~

word count: 648

too soon?