Chapter 1 - Edited Once

"I'm back," I called once I stepped into my lovely sweet home. I have been away for three months studying medicine. I have not seen the family I missed so much all this semester. Yeah, we would Skype and text, but it was not the same when they were near you, in the flesh. And Christmas was on its way to Canada, Hamilton, so this was the reason why I was back home.

"Dad, Hunter, Adrian, she's back," I heard my big brother, Davin, inform my family. I waited, then I heard footsteps, fast footsteps. That was never a good sign. Oh boy. Bye-bye, my ribs. Rest in peace.

"Ariel!" Once my dear brother saw me, he showed me his brightest smile and held me in a bone-crushing bear hug. I hugged him back while giggling but feeling the pain of the tight embrace. My poor ribs, they were screaming for help and some space.

"Can't... b-breath" I slapped him on his back, then he let go of me with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Bluer, I missed you so much. It was quiet around here when you were not home," he cleared with a smile, then ruffled my -once was neat-long brown hair.

He called me ′Bluer′ because I had a very bright and rare shade of blue eyes, and I loved them. They were the feature I loved the most in me. Don't get me wrong, I was not like those girls who tried their best to look perfect; I was just an average 19-year-old who was content with herself and how she looked.

"Yeah, Davin, I missed you too!" I hugged him again, but this time it was a gentler embrace. Davin was a handsome 24 years old lawyer. He had honey eyes, dirty blond hair, and a beautiful smile, and his dimples increased his charm. At least that was what most girls thought... He was my brother. I did not see him that way. It would be weird.

He kissed my forehead softly and then led me to the kitchen again to be squeezed in another bone-crushing bear hug by Hunter, my other older brother. "Hey princess, how have you been?" Hunter asked before I could see him because my face was buried in his board chest.

"Can't... b-breath." I slapped his back with my free hand to let him know I was dying. He looked at my face, then let go. Déja Vu.

"Sorry, but I missed you, princess. I was so bored without you here," he reasoned with a heartwarming smile that could grab any girl's heart. I loved it when he called me princess.

Hunter was also handsome and strong. He was a 23-year-old high school gym teacher. He had bright blue eyes and dark brown hair, but different shades than mine. Hunter was taller than Davin by an inch or two, yet Davin was still tall... or was I just too short?

"Awe, I missed you too, hell, I missed all of you... and to answer your question, I'm great after seeing you guys. I feel the love," I replied, then grabbed a cup full of water and drank it in one gulp.

"Looks like someone is thirsty. You will choke if you don't slow down. Easy!" Davin pointed out with a soft smile. How much I missed his... not so essential comments.

"Yes indeed, I was thirsty because I had to ride a taxi for four hours while talking to the old, bored driver," I replied, annoyed because I remembered the driver and his conversations. He never shut up. He kept talking even when I closed my eyes to try and sleep. I looked around the kitchen, then frowned. "Where is my fluff bear?" I asked Hunter. He shook his head; then I looked at Davin, who also shook his head as if he did not know. "Fluff bear, where are you?" I called for my cute three-year-old brother, Adrian.

He was the cutest, sweetest, most adorable kid ever, in my eyes, of course, and in the family. He inherited moms and Davin's honey eyes but lighter color, and he had silky blond hair, and let's not forget his unique dimples on both cheeks. He was the definition of adorableness. "I coming." He replied from the top of the stairs. I laughed at his words, but it was super cute. I ran to the stairs and saw that he had reached the last two steps, so I opened my arms for him to jump, and he sure did. "Hey buddy, I missed you too much, and you still have those chubby cheeks that I love to pinch and kiss!" I cooed while hugging him and kissing his soft full cheeks.