Chapter 17 - Edited Once

This is another great Cover that was made by redlipsvibes

I was sitting on Jaxon's legs sideways, and his laptop was on his lap. We were sitting on his big comfy bed. Don't ask why but I felt comfortable. Plus, he didn't complain or push me away!

"So what should I write next? It's gonna be the scene when she sees him after ten years," Jaxon asked, and I put my finger on my chin and thought for the perfect and most romantic dialogue... We had been like that for three hours. The boys went out, and it was 9:56 PM. I did not think they would come back that night, but Owen...

He constantly shows up when I'm doing something weird. Last time, I was the mummy! Ha, serves him right.

"Take your time. I need to rest my fingers from writing. It can be a living hell to think about the perfect scenario," he said and put his laptop down, away from his lap. He placed his hands behind his head, rested his head on his pillow, then stared at me. I did what I had to do, stare back at him.

We stayed like this for a long time, making me shift into my place. Come on, stop staring. I will not quit ... I'm not a quitter.

"How are you feeling?" he asked out of the blue but was still staring. Damn it.

"About what?" I asked back, then blinked. The water in my eyes could not handle it any longer.

He sighed and rubbed his hair. "About being kidnapped, being here, away from your family." He explained.

Oh, so he cares about how I feel... I like him now.

No, Ariel snaps out of it.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I mean, it's not bad here, you treat me nicely, and I'm having fun till now, yet I miss my family so much. But what can I do?" I replied and put my hands on his sole to rest it, only to hear him laugh.

What just happened?

I tried to move my hand but stopped. "Stop that," he laughed again.

"Stop what?" I asked, completely clueless.

He shifted in his place. "Remove your hand from my sole. I'm ticklish." Jaxon kept on laughing like there was no tomorrow.

So he's ticklish. Yeah, he just said that, you idiot. I know.

I smirked, grabbed both his legs, and started tickling them with all my might. He started laughing louder like a greek maniac. "No! No st-top it, I c-can't take it, No!" when he started kicking my hands with his legs, I let go of his legs, laughing my heart out.

"That was awesome" I wiped my tears and laid down beside him. My head was on his soft pillow.

"Don't do that ever again!" he warned, lowering his body and laying beside me. We stared at the ceiling for about ten minutes in a comfortable silence that didn't need to be broken.

Jaxon sighed, a deep sigh that made me look at him. "I'm sorry for kidnapping you. We had too." He turned his head and looked straight into my eyes. His beautiful eyes are breathtaking. They would be the perfect distraction if you were doing a test or balancing on a thin rope. You'd die... Literally!

I sighed in return. "I understand, but what did the boss do to you to make him command you?" I asked in a low voice that almost came out as a whisper.

"He literally saved our lives," he answered with the same quiet tone.

I arched my eyebrows. "How come?"

He went silent for a minute, then cleared his throat. "Well, a year ago, we were on a road trip. Aaron, Owen, Noah, and I were in one car. The trip lasted for two weeks. We had so much fun, we partied every night and didn't sleep. To sum it up, we lived like there was no tomorrow, but there was always a wrong side to the fun. When we were on our way back home... We crashed into a bus... because of me, " he explained, then stopped talking. I gasped, not believing what I was hearing.