Chapter 24 - Edited Once

I thought for a moment and started remembering the day I met her. She's the reason why I'm happy all the time.

Jaxon nodded. "Well, seven years ago, when I was twelve, I met a strong, lovely girl named Heavenly, but I used to call her Hev. We became best friends after our first encounter, which was unique. I met her in a park near my home. That day I was running like crazy from a wild dog chasing me. I was a slow girl back then and more clumsy than now, so I fell on my back, I closed my eyes from the fear and waited for the dog to attack me, but it never did. I opened my eyes again and saw Hev grabbing it at the last moment, pushing the dog away from me. I was shocked at her bravery if I must say. She saved me." I rested my forehead on the crock of Jaxon's neck since it was more comfortable. He stroked my hair gently, and I loved the feeling.

"Like I said, after that day, we became best friends. We were inseparable; we were together for two years. One day, I received a call from her family saying she was transferred to the hospital, so my family and I rushed to see her. At first, they wouldn't let us in, but then a doctor, along with her mother, told us that she had a big tumor in her liver. It was cancer in its last stages. They gave her two weeks to live... I was devastated, and my heart was broken. I didn't eat for days, locked myself in my room until I got the call from her mother saying that s-she p-passed a-away."

"I didn't even go to her funeral! I broke everything breakable in my room. I was gloomy and sad all the time. I stayed like this for half a year. I felt the agony dominating my whole body, the despair eating me alive," I stopped to let the tears slip from my eyes, and Jaxon stayed silent, listening and rubbing my back in a soothing pattern.

"Well, that was hard on you. I don't know what to say..." Jaxon commented with concern reflected in his eyes.

I let out a sad chuckle. "I didn't finish," I said, and he looked confused. There is always a continuation. Cliché right?

"Well, half a year later, I was diagnosed with lung cancer. They said it grew inside me because of my depression over Hev. Of course, there were other factors for my cancer, but the depression triggered it," I explained quietly and waited for his reaction.

He had his jaw open, and his eyes were wide open. "And now?" He asked in a whisper, and I shook my head.

"No, I had seven rounds of chemotherapy and was cured by an excellent doctor five months later. I was on the edge of dying, you know. That's why I don't like to be sad. After all, you don't know when you will die, so live your life to the fullest because you only live once," I smiled.

Well, that was hard letting it out.

This is the first time I have talked about it to someone other than family.

"I have no idea of what to say. I'm sorry, and I'm glad that you are okay and safe now." Jaxon pulled me into a warm embrace. I warped my arms around his waist, allowing the warmth to take over.

"That's okay. Your hug is enough for me," I replied. I felt too tired after telling my story; the darkness controlled my senses... and I was in dreamland.

~~~

I was sleeping in peace until I heard a clicking sound. I opened my eyes and rubbed the sleep away from them. I hummed, then realized that I was being filmed by Noah, Owen, and Aaron, but that was not all. I was sleeping on Jaxon, literally.

Did I fall asleep on the couch with him? Well, duh, of course, but what I mean is, why he didn't wake me up?

On second thought... I like being in this position with him.

Oh, my God, Ariel, snap out of it.

"What are you doing?" I narrowed my eyes at the boys, and they chuckled.

"Filming you," Owen replied with a smirk.

"Yeah, no shit Sherlock. I mean, why are you filming us?" I sat on Jaxon's lap and crossed my arms and legs, waiting for their logical answer. Jaxon is a heavy sleeper. How can he not wake up? Well, he will now.

I looked at his sleeping face and cooed at his cuteness, but then I smacked his forehead really hard. Pure evil, I know.

He groaned in pain and woke up. "Ouch, what was that for?" he asked in his raspy hot morning voice.

"They are filming us, and I don't know why," I stated, then looked back at them.

"Guys!" Jaxon warned. He was now fully awake.

"We thought you two look cute together in your sleep, so why not save the sweet memories, huh?" Owen replied with a devilish smirk.

"Yeah, it was so cute," Noah agreed, and Aaron nodded. Then he picked up his phone and snapped a picture of us. What the? Like we are not here.

"Okay, that's it," Jaxon and I said in unison and rose from the couch, chasing after them.

"Please don't kill us. It was Noah's idea," Owen yelled while we were chasing them, and Noah smacked his arm.

"You damn liar, it was your idea, you idiot! Aaron, come on, back me up." Noah defended himself and then looked at Aaron. We were still running through the house.

"Yeah, it was Owen's idea, so we are innocent. Please kill him, not us." Aaron yelled, and I smirked.

I looked at Jaxon and nodded. "Okay then, Owen, your buddies sold you out, so you are dead meat now," Jaxon said. Noah and Aaron stopped and watched us running after Owen. Damn, he's fast. But gravity has other plans for him.

"Please don't," Owen begged, but then he tripped by my shoes. I jumped on him, sat on his legs so he won't run, and Jaxon started tickling him like there was no tomorrow.

"No! S-stop... Please, I will delete them! Stop!" he pleaded between laughs, and I grinned in triumph. Anyone who's ticklish is an easy target.

"Jaxon," I said, and he stopped. We got up, but Owen stayed on the floor, catching his breaths. Then I remembered that Aaron had taken a sneaky picture. "Aaron," I called, and he came out from the kitchen. We were next to the bathroom door near the stairs. "That photo you just took... Delete it, now." I demanded, and he sighed.

"I can delete it, but I already sent it to Lilly, sorry," he smirked, and Jaxon facepalmed himself.

"Not Lilly," he whispered. What's so bad about Lilly seeing the picture?

"Yeah, sorry, dude. By the way, she's on her way to you," Aaron pointed out, and Jaxon's eyes widened.

"What? No, I need to hide like...Right now," he cried and ran upstairs. What in the world?

"Why is he so afraid of her?" I asked Aaron, and he smiled.

"Well, you are best friends now, so she may or may not threaten Jaxon about doing something to you. She will make him regret it. Apparently, that is one of the things, so may God be with him!" Aaron explained.

Awe, Lilly is so thoughtful. I wonder what she will do?

••••••√√√••••••√√√•••••••√√√•••••••√√√••••••

Hi lovely readers

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Please vote and comment your favorite color 🖌 Mine is Light Purple and emerald.